PEP Repair/Refresh

NRath

#1 Post by NRath »

I found my PEP's finally started leaking at the shaft seals- both fronts. Am I remembering correctly that you couldn't get one of them apart a couple years ago? I've got a Sawzall...

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

I dont remember that. Send them over.

NRath

#3 Post by NRath »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Sep 24 2015, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont remember that. Send them over.

10-4, will do. I'm pretty sure there was an issue last time getting one of them apart. I'm game to have you try again. I need to pull them off and have a good look at the shafts. Do you want me to send one or both with springs?

Speaking of which, do you have a line on replacement springs? I'm guessing it's near impossible to tell what the spring rates were when new, isn't it? Baldwin may have some records as these are the shocks built for Cecco's GNCC Cannondale. They were looking for some big money to respring the fronts, though.

Thanks for the quick reply!

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Whats wrong with the springs? I may be able to match up the springs. So yes send one with springs.

NRath

#5 Post by NRath »

Just a little soft. No doubt that 10+ years has taken a little toll on them. I've kept it off the ground probably half the years I've had them. But that easily leaves them at 5 years of compression.