Taking bike to Dyno net Wed.

Mapping discussions
Zerotact

Taking bike to Dyno next Fri.

#1 Post by Zerotact »

One of the local shops has a new dyno coming in, I called and reserved Wed. He told me to check were to hook up the rpm sensor lead should go, since it's coil on plug. He told me if I could not find out to bring the service manual and we'd figure it out.

Anyways, I'm hoping to find out I'm running way rich, and that's causing my re-starting problems when I stall out in a race.

What's most people's flow rate and offset set at?I was thinking of trying mine 1st run at flow= 2625 and Offset= 0.85

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

We go to one of the wires which goes to coil.It works on some quads.03's for sure.But not on others.If you cant get tach hooked up its not a big deal since you can still use speed.If its a Dynojet Dyno bring a blank CD along and burn all your runs to a disc.We have a program to read them.

Zerotact

#3 Post by Zerotact »

Well, I hammered on the bike for 2 hours yesterday..
Using a '04 Production XC ATK map
I ended up with a flow rate of 2500 and an offset of 1.4

I'll try to scan the printouts and get them posted... But I just pulled a 12 hour shift, after 4 hours sleep.

Zerotact

#4 Post by Zerotact »

after 2 hours of fiddeling and a call to Cord at ATK I started to make some progress, these are my only printouts.
I was up for 36 hours before starting this so I can't remember much....

Zerotact

#5 Post by Zerotact »

4th gear
'04 ATK production XC map
Flowrate 2500
Injector offset 1.4

Zerotact

#6 Post by Zerotact »

2nd gear
ATK XC map
Flowrate 2500
InjectorOffset 1.4

saltus440

#7 Post by saltus440 »

hey zero, did they make you run a street tire on the dyno or did they let you use the dirt tire? The dyno guy I am going to wants me to run a street tire on the dyno which will cost over $100 and I will use it only once:(

Zerotact

#8 Post by Zerotact »

I used my dirt tire, but the bike jumped all over the dyno, would not reccomend it again.. I would look at some bike shops who deal with cruisers, I think a harley sportster used a 19" front tire some times.

I was gonna look and ask about paying a few bucks for a used tire, since you only need it to run on the dyno.