Offset And Flowrates??

Mapping discussions
440rider

Offset And Flowrates??

#1 Post by 440rider »

Just to make sure my quad is running the best it can I want to tweak my setting more than i already have but I have a few ?'s

On the injector flowrate....
is it the higher you go up mean you are going leaner or richer Ie. 2400 to 2600 is leaner?

What exactly does the throttle body leakage do?

On the injector offset..
is going up on that leaning out the bike as wekk say going from .8 to 1.15, and how does this affect the flowrate? what actually is the injector offset is it the timing of the injectors and the flowrate is how much flow?

How does this effect the performance. I'm running a blaze map. Bike runs good just want to understand more about the software.

kdeal

#2 Post by kdeal »

If you have ever jetted a carb, think about it this way. The Injector Flow is similar to the main jet, and the higher you go the leaner it gets. Think of the offset as a pilot or low speed jet the lower you go the leaner it gets. But remember that the settings overlap each other. So when you take a step with the flow, you will effect the offset a little as well. The bigger number is very important to set correctly, as too lean and you will burn your motor up, the offset will only load up or hesitate bad if too rich or lean.

Throttle body leakage is the amount that particular throttle body was leaking when completely closed. Some one else will chime in and correct me if I am wrong. Most of the Dales left the factory with the leakage set to 0.

Hope this helps some.

440rider

#3 Post by 440rider »

sent post twice...didnt think it went through first time it gave me an error.

thanks for the info..so in relation to a carb how do you mix the air fuel correctly?

What is the point of adjusting the TBL? Why would you want the throttle body to leak isnt that loosing power?

Mjollnir

#4 Post by Mjollnir »

The TBL was just a number used to compensate for manufacturing variances. You don't need to change it unless you swap throttle bodies and have the TBL number for that particular throttle body.

Usually, it is suggested that after breakin, the Flowrate be brought up 100-200, and the offset down about .1. The theory is that the injectors are slightly polished after some run time, and therefor flow slightly better than they did on the factory dyno.

Marc

kdeal

#5 Post by kdeal »

^^^^Good ideas^^^^

fig

#6 Post by fig »

This has been posted before

http://www.harrymoto.com/MX/maps.html

Good info regarding our fuel injection.