now quad wont start

Mapping discussions
turbospeed440

#1 Post by turbospeed440 »

i just did an engine rebuild with a cp piston. i broke in the engine per timbos specs and everything was fine. Then i installed an intake from cannonboomer and it was fine, ran good. started to tune the engine cause it was running rich for the brake in. I started to work the numbers and as i was driving it and the engine cut out. i brought it in reajusted it and it wont start now

rethrottle cal. .3 \4.4
stepper 165
throttle 7.1 open
animal 128 map
has spark
has fuel
fuel is new
has very good compression
no faults

what i am getting is a little backfire through the throttle body. But it sounds like it wants to start.

thanks paul

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Change the sparkplug.

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

Check for a spun flywheel

turbospeed440

#4 Post by turbospeed440 »

wistech you were right flywheel spun the key.

where can i get one of those keys?

paul

jesshamner

#5 Post by jesshamner »

Do you need the key or the flywheel? You can get the woodruff key from a yamaha dealership. If you have anything left of your old one, you can go in there and match it up. I believe it was a yamaha utility woodruff key if I remember right but I can't think of which model it was. Maybe the Kodiak.

turbospeed440

#6 Post by turbospeed440 »

thanks i just need the key itself, flywheel is ok
what causes the key to break

timbomoose

#7 Post by timbomoose »

Might not have been torqued tight enough.Torque 35-40 ft/lbs.

MyCannibal

#8 Post by MyCannibal »

make sure your throttle body boot did not blow of the throttle body or intake...this is my guess...if it came loose from putting your boomer box on this will happen....I think you have a problem in between the airfilter and the intake...ok...didnt see you figured it out...delete this please...

turbospeed440

#9 Post by turbospeed440 »

ok ill try it next time i tighten it

thanks everone

yamadjs08

#10 Post by yamadjs08 »

Also, put a little red loctite on the nut when you torque it down. And make sure that there isnt any of the old key still in the keyway, I had troubles with this forever, a little sliver in there that looked like it was part of crankshaft. After I got it out key fit perfect, and I loctited it and havent had a problem since... (knock on wood)