plug check

Mapping discussions
turbospeed440

#1 Post by turbospeed440 »

heres are some pics of my plug what do u guys think im running trinity map. ported stroked, 450 kit air filter setup piston is timbos that was machined down a little for pump gas

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Looks great to me.Look at the insulator not the electrodes.Looks tan to me.Should use a new plug though when your doing checks.

turbospeed440

#3 Post by turbospeed440 »

is it ok to be rich. i heard that if you are to rich the gas can actualy wash the oil off the sleeve

the plug was new i did a few hours of riding on it

Happyboy

#4 Post by Happyboy »

Looks pretty good to me.

timbomoose

#5 Post by timbomoose »

I usually run mine a little richer where the insulator is just shy of being black.If excessively rich you can wash oil from sleeve and cause damage.Another sign of being too rich is oil smelling like gas at oil changes.Another map to try is the terminator.Don't be afraid to play around with the flowrate & offset settings,but always start with parameters recomending with maps.Another thing to pay attention for is if the engine wants to run hot than would mean lean.Good luck looks like you're on the right track.

turbospeed440

#6 Post by turbospeed440 »

thanks i think that im gonna weld in an o2 bung and us an o2 sensor just to double check what in running at. esspecialy at idle to mid throttle.

whats a good number to be around i hear from 11.5 to 13.0 is good on these quads