moto spuddering

Mapping discussions
motorider68

moto spuddering

#1 Post by motorider68 »

I have a few questions about my Moto. It just started spitting and spuddering one day. So far I have changed the spark plug, fuel filter, gas, and checked all my wire connections. I have also made sure my boot going into my throttle body was tight. It was a little loose but even after tightening it my quad was still missing. It will idle pretty good but when you start giving it gas it will spit and spudder and blow fire just like your on the rev limiter but your only at half throttle. I have also had it hooked up to a computer and couldnt find anything wrong with it. They said it all checked out, even with it spitting and spuddering while it was hooked up. We also checked the fuel pressure. When we got to the fuel regulator we found that it wasnt creating a vacuum on the vacuum line coming out of the fuel regulator. After we realized that we checked the other vacuum lines by taking them off the T, the little T thing that they all plug into that lays over top of the radiator. None of them had any vacuum. Do you guys think that is the problem? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

atvrulz

#2 Post by atvrulz »

MY 02' MOTO DID THIS but then i changed spark plug and and cleaned all the connections going to the engine and my fmf pipe silencer was coming undone from the head pipe so i connected it better and then my moto was not sputtering. Good luck, hope you find out what the problem is.

motorider68

moto

#3 Post by motorider68 »

Hey thanks, my silencer is loose but I didnt figure that had anything to do with the spuddering but I will fix that and see what happens. How did you fix yours? new springs?
thanks again for the help!!

atvrulz

#4 Post by atvrulz »

someone ran into the back of me in a race after i got stuck in a rut caused by an earlier motorcycle race and he hit the back of my pipe. luckily nothing cracked. I fixed it by applying silicone lube paste on the fitting between the silencer and and head pipe. Those springs i had on seem pretty useless.

motorider68

moto spuddering

#5 Post by motorider68 »

Hey, thanks for the help. I will try the silicon, I would have never guessed though that a loose silencer would make it spit and spudder but I guess its definitly worth a try! thanks again!

southbaymoto

#6 Post by southbaymoto »

Most likley you are having an issue with your throttle body calibration. This can be easily fixed with the computer maintence tool from Optimum, or your local dealer that still works on Cannondales.

Dustin
SBM

motorider68

moto spuddering

#7 Post by motorider68 »

Thanks for the help. I will take it and hook it up and see what happens. Is that something that just gets out of adjustment or something that the computer should have told us was wrong with it? Just curious thanks again for the help I will let you know when that fixes it.
thanks