Help Please..........

Mapping discussions
NRath

Don't give up yet!!!

#1 Post by NRath »

You've got to start taking loads out of the circuit. I would probably start at the ecu. Actually, I'd start at the parts store by buying a bunch of fuses. Then, pull all the plugs going to the ecu. See if it blows(hope it does so you know that ain't it!). If it does blow, leave it unhooked and try unhooking the extra wire that runs to the positive term of the battery with the starter wire.

Those are a couple steps to get started. It's as simple as unhooking things till you find the fuse not blowing. It may take a while, but you will find it. Perserverance will win!! You can get your quad going again.

Try those things, report back what happens.

moto50

blown fuse

#2 Post by moto50 »

My coil went bad and was blowing the fuse.
also my brothers fuel pump was blowing his fuse.

southbaymoto

#3 Post by southbaymoto »

Follow your wire harness from the battery all the way down the frame. If the harnes is kinked or is running along any sharp nuts or other objects it could be cutting in to one of the hot leads and grounding. Space it with a nonconducting spacer (rubber works bets). This should fix your issue.

Dustin
SBM

NRath

#4 Post by NRath »

The reason it's not blowing is because while you were unhooking the plugs, you moved the chafed wire off the metal it was touching. It may be good now, but it will certainly blow again at the least opportune time! You need to continue to look over every wire until you find one that has the insulation rubbed off it. You have pretty much confirmed that that is the problem.
I found one of the power wires to my solenoid had rubbed through. Fortunately it was rubbing on one of the 4 AWG wires running from the battery to the solenoid, so it didn't short and pop a fuse.
Dustins suggestion to start at the battery is a good one. There will probably be a small black spot on the frame where the wire was arcing, so look for that. too. The chafed wire is what your really looking for.
when you find it, clean the wire thoroughly with alcohol and wrap it up with electrical tape. Then you'll be good to go!

wyndzer

#5 Post by wyndzer »

There should be a piece of shrink wrap around the wires going into the stator cover you are speaking of. There was a bulletin about this from C-dale a while back. I bet the problem lies here. Good luck.