map help.i have no idea

Mapping discussions
blackgixxer

#1 Post by blackgixxer »

new to the dales,have no idea on mapping and stuff.any thing to search for to read up on wat map i have,what to run,etc.?thanks

rayspeed

#2 Post by rayspeed »

If it starts up good and runs good with what is in it then dont worry about it and learn to really ride it first. Dont worry if you ride it long enough and hard enough you will get a chance to work on it! If you are a new owner you likely would not be able to really tell the difference in any of the stock maps... it would probably be more of a seat of the pants placebo effect in your head at this point!
Like I said just ride it and when you run out of power you will be looking to upgrade your suspension and then your motor. Drag racing is probably 20% rider skill and the rest is the machine.... all other riding it is the other way around.
I think Jeremy McGrath said it best when he said something to the effect that he rides everyday and obviously compeditivly and he cant even ride a stock machine anywhere near their full potietial and that was several years ago when he was the champion.
I think he was responding to a question about casual riders hopping up their machines with all kinds of power and never taking the time to learn how to use it.

Just my two cents...
Ray

thedeatons

#3 Post by thedeatons »

In addition we need to know things like what you have done to it... Stock airbox? Pipe? Can you post a bunch of pictures so we can look for anything obvious that is out of place?

By the way, if the fuel pump sounds like it is laboring, check the quick disconnects for swollen o-rings. A lot of us send our tanks to Canniboomer for better "full flow" disconnects. Really good system, really good guy.

As long as you are a stock 432 with at most a pipe and no airbox (open air filter), then you won't need anything more than a Moto map installed. You need to get ahold of someone local with a D&M kit (Diagnostic & Maintenance Kit) so you can dial in your throttle body calibration, along with checking the settings on the computer. If you post your VIN then someone will post what your original injector offset and flowrate was from the factory. That is good to check with the D&M kit.