ECU error 125

Mapping discussions
toothandnail

#1 Post by toothandnail »

Here's the problem when I hook up the D&M I get "error 125."
Here's what I've tried.
2 different USB/serial adapters
different cable that works on other quads and mine
dealer cal program ,will work with mine and his cable(he wont load the maps I use on his computer wacko.gif )
installed program on different computer with serial port
checked for correct com port.
green light is on, on cable
4 different quads/bike all same "125 error" all run fine ,just need to reset throttle and tweak the maps.
I'm about to throw the whole mess away,
according to the engineers at optimum this is not possible mad.gif

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

That is failure to connect.

Its kind of confusing but Dealer Cal will work on yours?With same cable?

Alot of times it is the pins in the cable pushed back.

toothandnail

#3 Post by toothandnail »

Thats 1 thing I haven't checked ,but I was under the impression that the green light indicated a connection to the ECU. It's also very strange the the dealer cal program will work with both cables but mine won't work with either.

I have checked the connection from the computer side and it shows it's connected to the D&M cable.

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

How about the comm port setting?

I agree normally when green light is on it should be communicating but I believe Peterocks the black wire/pin in cable was pushed back and that was the problem.

toothandnail

#5 Post by toothandnail »

Pins are good, there are only 4 wires in cable, (6 in plug on quad), they are on # 1,2,3,4 holes 5,6 are blank.
checked com ports several times. For some reason the connection is not going between the cable and computer,I'm thinking a software problem,because when useing a cable that does work on another PC ,I get the same error. Although that doesn't explain why when installing on my desk top I get the same error.

Is it possible that the authorization code/license code from optimum could be the problem? I just got a new 1 on Fri. for this ECU but that didn't help any. Always in the past I would get some other message when opening the program if it was expired.

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

Its a different error for that I believe.I cant remember.I agree Optimum made this like Fort Knox entry code.It sucks!Have you tried using your D&M and ECU on another quad?Any other ECU's registered?

speed2424

#7 Post by speed2424 »

You are turning the key on and tapping the start switch before trying to work with the ecu, right.

jesshamner

#8 Post by jesshamner »

You could have some other program using your comm port that just happens to be on both computers.

thedeatons

#9 Post by thedeatons »

So... If you tried another cable, and you tried communicating with another quad, then that leaves those two out. It has to be the software or the way it is interfacing with the serial port.

Tried anything else yet?

toothandnail

#10 Post by toothandnail »

yes, I tap starter
yes, it does on all 4 of my machines
I agree it seems to be software related or interface with com port,I've followed what the manuel says about error 125 and com port, I'm pretty sure we've checked for another program useing the same port ,but I don't remember how it was done.
But what I don't understand ,if it is software related, it should work when installed on a different PC , right????

Is the other D&M cable, made by I think KDX boy, still available ? I haven't seen anything about it for a while???