Mapping Confusion

Mapping discussions
canibalistic

Mapping Confusion

#1 Post by canibalistic »

If you have a moto or blaze and you run a speed or moto-speed map wouldn't this cause the quad to run to lean on top end considering the moto and blaze have better flowing exhaust? For instance, if I wanted to run my moto on a flat track or in a tt event would I be better off to run a different map other than the moto map, and if so, will it run to lean?

Jaybr

#2 Post by Jaybr »

I thought the same thing, and I discussed it with one of the factory engineers and he agreed it would probably be too lean. The other option would be to run a Speed map and adjust the flow rate until it runs properly. The problem is you really need to either do a plug check, or take a temp reading from the exhaust gas to get it right.

canibalistic

#3 Post by canibalistic »

Thanks for the reply. All I have is the d&m kit and am not real comfortable with playing with flowrates and whatnot. I can do a plug check but if it is to lean how much do you play with flowrates without screwing it up? I guess I could use the flowrate that it shows on the moto map but am I defeating the purpose? Any knowledgeble insight would be greatly appreciated.

Jaybr

#4 Post by Jaybr »

Flowrate is specific to your motor, not the map your running. A lower number would richen it up.

I've got a Speed map with Moto fuel settings everywhere that the Speed settings where lower. I haven't given it a thorough test yet, but I'll email it to you if you want it.

canibalistic

HELP!!

#5 Post by canibalistic »

You said a lower flowrate would richen it up, but I noticed the flowrate on a speed map for instance is 2200 and the moto flowrate is 4603 if I'm remembering correctly that sounds backwards??? On another note when I went to recieve calibration files from my ecu, I clicked to recieve all calibration files instead of clicking to recieve just throttle and injector cals, then I noticed in the gp control manual it specificly says not to do that!! So what have I done now?

Jaybr

#6 Post by Jaybr »

Like I said, the Injector Flowrate is specific to your motor and fuel injectors. The fact that the Moto map has a higher flowrate only means that the injectors in the motor they used when creating the map flowed more than yours so they used a leaner flowrate.

Do you have the electrical EFI manual?

canibalistic

#7 Post by canibalistic »

No, I sure don't.

Jaybr

#8 Post by Jaybr »

I tried to post it in the tech section, but I'm having a problem. PM me with your email and I'll send it to you.