Im baffled?????????????

Mapping discussions
wistech

Im baffled?????????????

#1 Post by wistech »

Heres my question ,if the speed has the supposed best topend power ,how does it get it with the toaster exhaust? If the moto /speed map is a favorite doesnt it run to lean on top if you have to run an free flowing pipe for the moto bottom end.

I run mostly trails and now that they will be cracking down on loud exhausts has anyone come out with a good pipe that can pass a sound test. I took the cones and spark arrester mesh out of my toaster and drilled 4 1/2" holes on the center baffle and was shocked that it is still just as quiet as it ever was. Does anyone have any opinions on running this with the moto/speed map. I know most people hate the toaster and they fall apart after a while but they dont piss off the nieghbors . Ive just been running the speed map and love the top end but would like a little more low end roost.

I have yet to see a set of compehensive dyno charts comparing the different stock exhausts and mapps. Shouldnt the glamis mapp be the best map for duning yet it seems everyone is using a different map . Shouldnt the mapps that came with these quads be the best for the model.

I did try a big gun slipon with the early headpipe and moto mapp and it acually seemed weaker on the bottom than stock and was way loud so I sold it. The big gun quality was questionable .

I dont know ,give me some opinions guys.

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

The Glamis map is exactly the same as the speedmap.If your quad isnt running lean with the speed map it wont run lean with the motospeed map.If you put a aftermarket exhaust which flows better than stock you would probably be a bit lean.The speedmap just has a bigger hit on top because of the mapping and timing.The maps are kind of a personal preferance thing for most.One guy likes one kind of power and another a different kind.With all the different maps everyone should be able to find something to suit them.As for dyno runs most maps should have same top HP just getting to that point would be different.

thomez

#3 Post by thomez »

I'll let you know about an exhaust option in the works within a week or 2. Should be decent power yet not obnoxious either. Remind me to keep you posted tongue.gif