Tips for the Nac's map

Mapping discussions
USAMoto00

Tips for the Nac's map

#1 Post by USAMoto00 »

Okay guys, I just installed the Nac's map and TC pipe all on one shot and wanted to let you in on results and other findings. We got to NEMX at about noon on Sat. and I started the bike up no problem even with 26 degree weather. I let it warm up and decided to take some slow warm up laps, quad was feeling fast. As I started picking up the pace I noticed that when I went from no/ or 1/4 throttle to wide open, the bike would hesitate, sputter, or pop EVERY time. I checked all the connections -check, I went over the exhaust- check, battery connections- check, I was starting to get kinda frustrated at this point. Then, I thought it could be the idle, maybe. Sure enough when I turned the idle up about a 1/2 turn over stock, it was a new bike. The thing felt like it would just pull forever! Now my only experiece with maps is the stock Cannibal, Moto, and now the Nac's. It is fast, but I really want to try it with jumps that I have already been jumping to give differences in gears and or throttle position to make those jumps. Bike was very fast though and even wheelied on 1 wheel out of turns! It was insane! I love it, give me some more HP!

KYmxracer52

#2 Post by KYmxracer52 »

I have the same setup as you and I love mine!!! The thing pulls HARD. I always make sure my idle is around 2300. That way it keeps it from stalling if you was to land without being in the throttle, or brake slide it in a corner. Do you set your idle with a computer, or just turn the knob? I thought you was suppose to set it with a PC, so the computer in the quad recognizes it.:confused:

cannondalekid18

#3 Post by cannondalekid18 »

hey brian its me Wink,

There is a kid over here that has one of Brad Warners old bikes and he had 2 computers i set one up with nacs mapping( just dialed in ) and one with 03 x440 mapping, he loves the x440 mapping!!!!!!!!!!!! if you ever need any help dialing in your bike call me !!! i am 10 mins away from NEMX.

USAMoto00

#4 Post by USAMoto00 »

Cool Wink, I appreciate it. Nice to hear from you man! That Nac's map is awesome, I would have to try the other map to see which I liked better. I can definitely feel the power difference. Hey KY, I agree about turning the idle up that high, I was having the same problems ( brake slides, mud holes, rearended, etc. ) and that cured it for me! Later fellas.:usa

jfarrar

#5 Post by jfarrar »

sounds to me brian that tour offset is a little lean.you sure curt put the correct settings in that thing.

wink where ya been?you going to cali?

KYmxracer52

setting idle

#6 Post by KYmxracer52 »

So you don't HAVE to use the computer to set the idle? I take it that you only use the PC to monitor what your idle is when you set it? I thought that the PC kinda SET the idle into the quad's computer when you adjusted the knob. I understand now. I always just hooked the quad up to the PC to set the idle and recalibrate the throttle at the same time.