Should I or shouldn't I???

Mapping discussions
moeman

Should I or shouldn't I???

#1 Post by moeman »

Hey all-

haydug has been helping guide me on my beginning journey of a Cannondale owner. My question is...Is it worth it to get the D&M software and download a map (if yes, my next question will be which one) if I leave my stock exhaust on it? I see everyone saying to get the software and exhaust but was wondering if I can go step by step or just get it all?
Thanks for the info.

LapTraffic

#2 Post by LapTraffic »

I'd get the exhaust and see if someone local can load you MAP. There are still shops around me that dealt cannondales that still have the Service D&M kit.

Motospeed is a good map, I really like the blaze for racing.

blaze#52

#3 Post by blaze#52 »

if you have the computer is is well worth it. for doing calibrations and keeping your TPS calibrated it is very nice, you can also find the fualt codes that are causing problems. Plus is found that it is a lot of fun just playing with the different maps, it is just like flipping a switch

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

The d&m is required and should have been part of initial purchase just to keep the efi in tune and diagnose trouble. I am still running the toaster with the motospeed map but I cut the cones out of it and enlarged the chamber holes for more flow and it is still quiet and runs great. I ride mostly trails and I dont know if anyone has a aftermarket noise legal exhaust so the toaster stays. Besides toasters are dirt cheap ,just like me. I have been eyeballin the thomes exhaust though.

Derno24

#5 Post by Derno24 »

Everyone has their suggestion of what map to run and that is why if you got the D&M kit you can make up your own mind. I like the Blaze Traction map. I run tight woods and rocks all the time. So you can pick maps that match what you are riding.

thunderwolf

#6 Post by thunderwolf »

I have a cannondale and I wish I had a D&M. I can't afford one right now, but I will get one sometime.

NRath

Re: Should I or shouldn't I???

#7 Post by NRath »

If the resources are limited. like mine, I'd say to get the D&M first! There are many things you can do to get and keep your machine running right. That should be everyone's first priority. Typically, the machine's came from the factory a bit rich- leading to easy plug fouling. This cold weather may put that problem off for a while, but it could bite you. Unless your real tight with a local dealer, it's going to cost a minimum of around $25 for a remap- and potentially a lot more. That's money wasted in my book. These machines are pretty D@mn fast as is- a pipe doesn't make a "rip your arms out of socket" difference. If you know someone close by that already has it, by an extra license for $150 and use their's.

That's my opinion, anyway.

Derno24

#8 Post by Derno24 »

Well put NRATH.

moeman

#9 Post by moeman »

:clap: :clap:

Thanks for all the help!! I think it is the D&M and maybe a modified toaster muffler for now and see what she will do. Waiting to see more dynos on other pipes. The bad news, I ride with two 500 'zillas, the good news is..when I beat them I know I only have a little more to go!!! :head:

cdrookie

#10 Post by cdrookie »

that better be one hellofa map if it beats the old 'zilla! i had an 87with the usual mods, pipe, reeds, wiseco... and it would've smoked my cannibal in a drag race. i felt invincable riding riding that thing.