Sick Cannibal

Mapping discussions
cannibaljim

Sick Cannibal

#1 Post by cannibaljim »

I need some help the cannibal isn't running wright. When I start it up cold it has a cough and at the same time the gas coming out of the fuel return stops four a second. Are they related? I would like to put a presure gage on it to see if I get a presure fluxuation. Das anybody know were to put the gage? Allso when I am riding it it has a dead spot at about 1/4 to 1/3 throttle. Any suggestions on things to check.:confused:

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

Install the gauge betyween the regulator and the injectors. Make sure you have the return to tank plugged in or it will blow the gauge .:cool: 42psi is what you want.

cannibaljim

#3 Post by cannibaljim »

Thanks Wistech. :usa

cannibaljim

#4 Post by cannibaljim »

I got the gage on and at idol it hase about 42 to 45 psi and when it cough the presure dropes about 5 to 10psi. I put a volt meter on the pump and at the same time as the presure drop I get a voltage drop from 14v down to around 6volts. Any suggestions on why the voltage drop and what to check next.:confused:

speed2424

voltage drop

#5 Post by speed2424 »

C- Jim, If you checked the voltage across both terminals of the fuel pump then you don't know for sure if you are losing the positive side or the negative side.The positive side comes from a relay that is pulled in when the key is turned on. The negative is the side that is switched on & off by the ecu.You need to find out which side you are losing in order to know where to look next.Check each side of the fuel pump against the opposite side of the battery. This should tell you which side you are losing.IE.Plus side of the fuel pump to the negative side of the battery,then negative side of the pump to the positive side of the battery.Hopefully someone smarter than i am will chime in with some other advice.:usa

cannondalekid18

#6 Post by cannondalekid18 »

also your fuel pump its self could be going to the bone yard its getting more and more common these days, if you have to get a new one get a MSD

cannibaljim

#7 Post by cannibaljim »

I have talk to scooter 3 or 4 times in the last week trying to get it figure out with no luck. I have even try ed using jumper wires to wire the fuel pump and the pressure doesn't drop but it still coughs. I'm taking it over to a Friends house this weekend and start swapping things to see if I can figure it out. Thanks for the suggestion.:usa

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Do you have a D&M tool?I am sure scooter told you to do a throttle cal?If that doesnt work I would load a new hex code and if that doesnt work try a new ECU.Oh and check the main power relay.Please let us know the outcome of this these problems can be tough to solve and we will all learn.

cannibaljim

#9 Post by cannibaljim »

Yes I have a D&M and have done the throttle cal. I will be trying a different ECU tomorrow. Thanks:usa