security code

Mapping discussions
bouncerdude

security code

#1 Post by bouncerdude »

with the dealer security code on the dealer cal software, is there a specific code for each copy of software? or is there a generic code that will work for all? its version 2.

CdaleRacer0128

#2 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

if noone knows for sure, give optimum a call and ask, they are always very nice about things..

Jaybr

#3 Post by Jaybr »

I believe it's specific to the computer you load it on. There is a utility you run that generates a code based on CPU serial number or something, you call Optimum with that code and they give you a security code.

bouncerdude

#4 Post by bouncerdude »

i know they request a ipc number for your computer, but as long as you have the specific security code for the copy of the software will it still open up and run on any computer?

Jaybr

#5 Post by Jaybr »

The code is not specific to the software, it's specific to the computer its loaded on.

bouncerdude

#6 Post by bouncerdude »

when i open the security code file in the dealercal program it lists a pc id code, and it asks for a security code. is the pc id code for my comp only? im borderline retarded when it comes to computer programing and stuff. so bear with me.

Jaybr

#7 Post by Jaybr »

Yes, the ID is for your computer and the security code the dealer had won't work.