450 Mapping

Mapping discussions
CannondaleRider

450 Mapping

#1 Post by CannondaleRider »

Once i get the motor sent off to Haydug, which should be sometime next month. Im gonna have him put my Falicon in, a 450 kit, and re-angle the fuel injectors(along with misc. other stuff) but what i was wandering is what map should i use. With the HMF pipe im getting they say to run the moto mapping, but with the 450 do you have to change it to acomadate the bigger size.:confused: If anybody as a map set up for ^ could u please post it

Jaybr

#2 Post by Jaybr »

I'm running a 450, reangled injectors, FDO head. I am not running a special map right now, just Blaze/Speed that has been tweaked a little.

It will take some adjusting on the flow rate and IO, but I think you'll still be able to run whatever map you like best. I've hooked mine up to an AFR meter and didn't notice any places in the map itself that where off.

CannondaleRider

#3 Post by CannondaleRider »

And how would i tell how to adjust the flowrate and IO.

Jaybr

#4 Post by Jaybr »

Do you have the Maintenance and Diag kit?

You will need it to adjust, instructions are in the manual.

CannondaleRider

#5 Post by CannondaleRider »

I dont even have it set up with a 1000 computer yet, LOL. So im not going to even install my motor until i do. But, yes i will be getting a D&M kit.

And heres another question for anybody who can answer. On one of the times the previous owner took it to the dealer for an update or something, he was told that they put 02 Injectors on it. So does this mean i dont have to get new injectors to convert it to the 1000.