mapping question

Mapping discussions
Sage

mapping question

#1 Post by Sage »

I just purchased a Blaze 440. The bike has the two black circle things with the lights on them. I have no idea what these are called. What happens exactly when you push the mapping or trim button? I do not even know if you are able to change the station while you are moving. After reading numerous post on this site I wonder if i purchased the right machine. Would someone please explain a few things about the mapping system on this bike?????

MrSlithers

#2 Post by MrSlithers »

Call Nac's Racing (www.NacsRacing.com) and talk to one of they're Mechanics and he should be able to explain every little detail about them to ya.

As far as I know, it's change on the go. Did you get a manual or guide to help you figure it out along with your purchase?

KYmxracer52

#3 Post by KYmxracer52 »

Sounds like you have one with the Map Select or maybe the Pro Calibration. I have the Map Select on mine and it allows you to store 3 different maps in the ECU and switch between them while riding. Its a very nice feature to have. What does your black dials have on them? One should have 1,2,3 on it and what does the other have? This will help determine which one you have.

Sage

#4 Post by Sage »

The right dial has 1,2,3, and trim. The left one has a green light, the middle one is a yellow fault light. There is one more light, but I can not remember what it is. If this is not enough info, I will actually go outside and check. Thanks

KYmxracer52

#5 Post by KYmxracer52 »

I'd be you just have the Map Select. Those on the left work with the Maintenance & Diagnostic software installed on it. That way you can see if there is a fault without hooking up to a laptop. If you got all the owner's manuals for the software, read up on it. You'll get some understanding out it on how to use it and just read the forum. You can do SEARCHES to look up specific stuff.