Maps?

Mapping discussions
Cdalerider03

Maps?

#1 Post by Cdalerider03 »

I do not get maps at all....

Im hopefully getting a 02 or 03 Speed With a HMF pipe..

I dont know a thing about Maps

I want something for racing...I want to start racing this year..or at least practicing....i was thinking a moto/speed mapping?.

and KRmit told me to get a D&M Kit?..what is that?

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Maps are like a jet kit and ignition box combined in one only you dont have to touch your quad to put one in.But you do need a D&M=Diagnostic and Maintainence tool.It uses your PC or laptop to set your idle,throttle cal,show trouble codes,voltage,temperature,barometric pressure and allows you to put maps in.Very useful cant imagine owning our machines without it.Changing maps takes 2 minutes max so best way to find what one you like is to try a bunch of em.Fun doing that and you will be amazed at differences.

Cdalerider03

#3 Post by Cdalerider03 »

Where can i get maps?

and so on

tat

maps

#4 Post by tat »

personally i think the moto/speed map is the stuff. ive been running it for over a year now with a 450 kit, works great. there are different maps located in this forum somewhere. a whole bunch of them. another favorite of mine is the blaze/speed map, works good on small tracks.

jesshamner

#5 Post by jesshamner »

Cdalerider03

#6 Post by Cdalerider03 »

what do you use to open maps?

I cant find anything

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

You dont open them you just copy them to your PC so the D&M can transfer them to your Cannondale.There is a very expensive version of D&M that allows you to actually open the maps to see some of what they are made of.Some guys here are working on a much more affordable version of the same thing.If you can wait it might be worth it.