Software expiring

Mapping discussions
Cdale_racer_669

#11 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

how big is the file?if it isnt to big u culd probably host it for free somewhere, or maybe someone here has a site that can

Jaybr

#12 Post by Jaybr »

I'll gladly post it on the tech page of the site with Scooter's permission.

Scooter

#13 Post by Scooter »

You have my permission to post the exe. It is not a wide spread problem, out of the 750 or so kits that have been sold and the couple of hundred dealers we have had only about 10 people with problems. If your software worked when you started it the first time you do not have a problem if we had trouble getting you going then we got you set up with the diferent exe. This is not some new and great exe it is just a slightly diferent one and actually an older version. We have never seen this problem on a computer that we have here at work nor have I seen this in the field so we have a dificult time fixing a problem we can not reproduce. If we have the problem we send out the exe and it fixes it.

Scooter

cannondale27

#14 Post by cannondale27 »

Thanks Scooter.I only know of one other with same issue.Question:got sent 3 different ones is the fix the same for all or different for all?I did a experiment deleted D&M from new laptop and found the exe. on my P.C. which has two year old version.Copied it and used it in new laptop and it worked perfect leading me to believe we all would only need that one two year old exe.Once it is posted other can try it if they like to find out.

Scooter

#15 Post by Scooter »

The different exe is the same as I sent you before. Like I said it is older than the one we sell.

cannondale27

#16 Post by cannondale27 »

Ok thanks.Do you know what the period of time is set at for expiration codes to expire?

cannondale27

#17 Post by cannondale27 »

If you forget to call Optimum and have to use the D&M you can temporarily set your clock on your computer back a year or so and D&M will then work.Dont know what effect that will have on your P.C. so at your own risk.

comander420

#18 Post by comander420 »

I had to reformat my shop computer (had some issues) and reinstalled the software, then it said it was missing a file, tried reinstalling it about 5 times same result everytime unable to locate some file when I clicked on the icon and it wasn't in the progrram menu. I got mad shut it off came back the next day clicked on the icon and pow it worked like a charm, of course the code for my blaze was expired by the time I got it working but Kathy got me squared up the next day. As always great tech support. Thanks Optimum

speed2424

#19 Post by speed2424 »

I checked mine on Friday. NO WORKY! I now have 2 new codes, thanks to Kathy.smile.gif

jesshamner

#20 Post by jesshamner »

Ok, I just reinstalled my software after having to reformat my hard drive. It wouldn't let me add my ecu so I set my clock back to 2003. I went ahead and downloaded the new exe file from the tech section, but I'm still getting this message. Is this normal? I get this message with the clock set to 2003 and 2005.