Mapping & ECM

Mapping discussions
4punksdad

#11 Post by 4punksdad »

so the 300.00 kit shown on their website will allow me to change maps and fuel flow?

is the software user friendly or do I need to be a computer tech to run it?

wyndzer

#12 Post by wyndzer »

That is correct Joe, if I can use it then anybody can.biggrin.gif

Jaybr

#13 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by 4punksdad
so the 300.00 kit shown on their website will allow me to change maps and fuel flow?

It also lets you set idle, Throttle position, and monitor various things like air pressure, temp, voltage.

There is a new version they just shipped that will also let you reload the base operating code as well.

wyndzer

#14 Post by wyndzer »

It's in the file part of the Cannondale Yahoo group pages. If you send me an e-mail, I'll send it to you.

wyndzer

#15 Post by wyndzer »

jschner

#16 Post by jschner »

If it will help I did a basic write up on the DM Kit for those who are new to mapping. I'll have more advanced technical write-ups later but this should get someone started.

DM Kit

I also have some maps. If you guys want to add more to the list your more than welcome.

Maps

nuge

#17 Post by nuge »

Gabe,
Would it be too much trouble to post a moto vs speed map comparison similar to the moto vs. nacs you posted on the previous page? This would be educational to those of us coming up the learning curve on mapping or that don't have the software. This is a great thread already!

Bill X_R

#18 Post by Bill X_R »

Hi I'm new to the board and thought I could be of some help. The 4 ft. serial cable that you use to connect to the dale can be exteneded buy making one your self or going to some place like radio shack and buying a serial cable. Just make sure the
sex ( ha ha he said sex) is correct on the cable ends. If you want to make one, just buy (2) D-SUB 9 pin connecters and connect only three wires to pins 2, 3 and 5. If you need futher clairification let me know.

Bill

DirtDragon

#19 Post by DirtDragon »

Sounds like you need to make it run richer. Before trying to adjust any fuel settings make sure the throttle min/max are set correctly.

I had same problem. First I bumped up the injector offset from 1.0 to 1.3 and it made no difference. I then changed the flowrate from 2500 to 2300 and it runs much better.