Still more hot start issues

Mapping discussions
jacobw

#11 Post by jacobw »

I have fixed the clutch issus and have it adjusted properly now I am working on the hot start issue, hopefully I can have it fixed biggrin.gif

jwheat

#12 Post by jwheat »

It sounds like you need to get on an AFR meter and adjust the map. But, in case that is not the problem, you could have a leaking injector. If one of the injectors is leaking after it is shut off, then the cylinder will have extra gas in it when you try to crank it. Try doing a fuel injection cleaning or replace them with know good injectors.

jacobw

#13 Post by jacobw »

QUOTE (jwheat @ Sep 15 2006, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It sounds like you need to get on an AFR meter and adjust the map. But, in case that is not the problem, you could have a leaking injector. If one of the injectors is leaking after it is shut off, then the cylinder will have extra gas in it when you try to crank it. Try doing a fuel injection cleaning or replace them with know good injectors.

I just bought an afr meter and I am doing some afring on it I have been the plumber the last few days replacing a leaky faucet in the bathtub so I havent been able to attend to the cannondale it will be today or monday before I get to hook up my rpm wire to take rpm with afr readings then I will tweak my offset right now the afr of the map looks good and flat and just needs to be tweaked for started I am heading in the right direction for sure biggrin.gif

yamadjs08

#14 Post by yamadjs08 »

I hate to bring up the dead, but did you ever get it starting good? What did you have to do. Mine is ridiculous, offset changes do nothing but make it worse, I gave up along time ago and I need to get it starting good...?

ozarkdaler

#15 Post by ozarkdaler »

yes he did

yamadjs08

#16 Post by yamadjs08 »

QUOTE (cjenkins @ Jun 1 2007, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes he did

Any idea on what he did to get it starting good? I know he is using an AFR, which I don't have, but still I'm curious...?

cannondale27

#17 Post by cannondale27 »

He had the cam timing way off.Got it running good then sold it.The traitor!

jacobw

#18 Post by jacobw »

my new girl

yamadjs08

#19 Post by yamadjs08 »

Its too bad you went with a yfz...

Nice quad regardless though. I just can't get comfortable on a yfz, bars hit my knees, even with a +2 stem... A 450r would be my next choice for the woods...

cannondale27

#20 Post by cannondale27 »

Lets see the new girlfriend Jacob laugh.gif