Need help with ECU DIAG cable!

Mapping discussions
jshort

#11 Post by jshort »

OK, I have my factory numbers. Now starting over, can someone tell me what to do to get my atv going using the ECU DIAG cable. Any sugjestions on a map for a stock cannibal? I ride in the woods 100% and am not really looking at raising the RMP's much.

Thanks,
Jason

jshort

#12 Post by jshort »

How do you find your stock leakage for setting with the ECU DIAG cable? Is it on the dyno sheets?

Jason

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

According to what Kdeal posted I dont see it.Set it at 0 .

jshort

#14 Post by jshort »

I am up and running. Seems to be running good. Starts right up when cold and also once it is warm. I didn't get to ride because it is late. Neighbors really don????????t appreciate the beast running up and down the road when they are trying to sleep smile.gif

Thanks to everyone that helped. As always you guys are an invaluable resource and are the only reason I have stuck with my Cannondale.

Jason

yamadjs08

#15 Post by yamadjs08 »

Cool, glad to hear you got everything straightened out... I had some trouble with my ECU Diag when I first started using it, but once you get the hang of it, its a great tool for the Cannondales.

jshort

#16 Post by jshort »

Well, I went out today and it was not all smiles. I don't think I have this thing tuned properly. I need some suggestions.

This morning when it was cooled it started right up. No problem at all. I hooked up the Diag cable to monitor the engine to check the idle. The cold idle was around 2600rpm. After it warmed up the idle dropped to 2100-2200. Sounds good so far. I turned it off for a minute while I finished getting my gear on. About 5 minuites later I went to restart and I had to crank and crank. I finally started but I have to give it some throttle to get it to start. It did this all day. Anytime I started I had to use the throttle. I know you are not suppose to do this. Also it smelled like it was running rich and it seemed like my fuel consumption was greater than rides in the past. It ran and started fine before I decided to do a throttle calibration. I am now starting to wonder if I should have just left good enough alone. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jason

cannondale27

#17 Post by cannondale27 »

Have you read the throttle cal instructions I made?Some important things to remember when doing a throttle cal is to make sure throttle cable has enough slack when doing closed setting.Use your finger and manually close throttle down by throttlebody to be sure.When doing wide open throttle setting manually open throttle all way at throttlebody.Dont use the thumbthrottle for either setting.