Whitch mapping it the best

Mapping discussions
thomez

#11 Post by thomez »

Derno you are correct, 2003 Speed map is the same as the Glamis map.

The timing and fuel is different in each map, and proper tuning at each RPM level requires more than just flowrate and offset, I'm afraid... you could try it though.

I believe the Speed map is too lean on top for a free-flowing exhaust, but others I'm sure disagree.

Throttle response is controlled by the TS, transient sensitivity or something like that. All of the quad maps have a TS of 150, the slowest Cannondale option. The bike options were in intervals of 10 down to 110.

The maps are quite amazing things, controlling for throttle position, some giving you a rocket ride at full throttle (wide open) while keeping it tame at partial throttle.

J. Delaney

#12 Post by J. Delaney »

So, how do you think a cx or ex map would work? You guys think it would have too much timing for a quad?

Derno24

#13 Post by Derno24 »

Actually the map I heard was the one to use was the x440 map I think.

nicksglamis440

#14 Post by nicksglamis440 »

So what do you guys think the best mapping is for drag racing. Also I am thinking about getting a new pipe, I have a fmf titaniam full exhaust right now, I am thinking either the hmf or the trinity, whitch would be better. also besides mapping and exahaust do they make any other type of performance stuff for cannondales that realy makes a difference?:head:

thomez

#15 Post by thomez »

Drag racing ... hmm ... maybe Moto/Speed? Thats my initial guess.

Other performance stuff - ACE racing airbox, K+N Airfilter, 450cc kits, FDO ported/polished heads, or all out - Wade Wilcox Engineering motors.

We are making exhausts right now, slip on for 02 or 03 header, should have pics soon.... let me know if you are interested.

TheJaspMan

#16 Post by TheJaspMan »

I am getting ready to buy a Cdale from a local dealer. If I change the exhaust to either a full or slip on is there a need to change the mapping? Or can it be left alone for now? What other considerations do I need to make after replacing the exhaust?

Thanks

thomez

#17 Post by thomez »

Which model are you getting? What year?

Do you know about the updates?

After replacing the exhaust (if you are buying a Cannibal or Speed) you should upgrade your mapping to either Blaze or Moto or an aftermarket map to prevent a lean condition. If you are interested in exhausts you might want to check out the For Sale forum, one in there is my favorite wink.gif

TheJaspMan

#18 Post by TheJaspMan »

I am getting an 03 Cannibal. I am right in the end stages of working it out with the dealer.

I am not sure what pipe to go with yet. I was kinda hoping to go titanium and drop some extra pounds. Since this is a fuel injected system and I corret that it does not have to be rejetted with a new pipe? The mapping handles all of that?

How hard is it to handle remapping myself? And where would I purchase the software to do so?

thomez

#19 Post by thomez »

You are correct, you do not have to re-jet anything, that is handled by the mapping.

You can purchase the software to map yourself at Cdaleparts.com for $300. Running the software isn't too bad I don't believe. You can get either a PC version or a handheld version of the software and you hook to the lil free cable under your front left fender.

TheJaspMan

#20 Post by TheJaspMan »

How noticable are the diffrent mappings? Or is more important to keep the motor running good (not to rich or lean).?