Couple new maps to try out

Mapping discussions
00Honda400EX

#11 Post by 00Honda400EX »

Originally posted by thomez
Anyone give these a try yet? I'm interested in results. I can't dial them in til someone gives some feedback! tongue.gif

I was going to but I'm still running the stock toaster. I'm planning on chopping it a little shorter soon and I'll try it then.

Psychosis

#12 Post by Psychosis »

Hate to ask here but speaking of maps. Anybody have a Blaze/Speed map? Would like to get it installed but only place to get it done is QuadShop and Jeff doesn't have it or didn't not too long ago.

thomez

#13 Post by thomez »

This is TS of 130 tell me if you want it different. Jaybr did this one for us. Thanks Jay :clap:

Psychosis

#14 Post by Psychosis »

Thanks. I'd have no clue by what you mean if I want it different. biggrin.gif I just wanted to switch from Blaze to Blaze/Speed. How would I go about getting this uploaded by the Quadshop? Send it to Jeff or what? Not sure on all this mapping stuff.

thomez

#15 Post by thomez »

I think you will need to send him your ECU and if he doesn't have it, email him this map. Also give him your settings to put in there.

00Honda400EX

#16 Post by 00Honda400EX »

Originally posted by Psychosis
Thanks. I'd have no clue by what you mean if I want it different. biggrin.gif  I just wanted to switch from Blaze to Blaze/Speed. How would I go about getting this uploaded by the Quadshop? Send it to Jeff or what? Not sure on all this mapping stuff.

Top end sucks on that blaze-speed map IMO. If it's a big hassle to get it changed I'd go with something else. I liked the stock blaze top end better. After riding with the Blaze/speed for awhile I was really unhappy with the 5th gear on it. I was losing lots of races because the Dale would fall flat on it's face in 5th.

thomez

#17 Post by thomez »

You must not have had your flowrate dialed in for it. That is the SAME top end you just said RIPS on the ****** map! The Speed map is the king of top end pulling power... that sounds more like a tuning issue to me. sad.gif

00Honda400EX

#18 Post by 00Honda400EX »

Originally posted by thomez
You must not have had your flowrate dialed in for it. That is the SAME top end you just said RIPS on the ****** map! The Speed map is the king of top end pulling power... that sounds more like a tuning issue to me. sad.gif

Iunno then, I didn't change anything between the two maps. Just seemed like it ran out of power in 5th before. I'll give your map a try next time I go riding and report back. I won't get a chance to shorten the toaster as soon as I thought so I'll just throw it in there anyway.

thomez

#19 Post by thomez »

Are you making sure to put your factory flowrate and offset into each map you install?

ronnoc47

#20 Post by ronnoc47 »

Every map that I have tried with the speed map on top seems to pull best in the upper rpm's compared to any others I've tried.
I still haven't tried Zack's maps yet, but I assuming that they both have the speed on top.

Terry
03 MOTO