alchy maps

Mapping discussions
J. Delaney

#11 Post by J. Delaney »

I don't think that SBM map is set up for alky.

cannondale27

#12 Post by cannondale27 »

No it isnt here is the description of that one:

Drag race special version 1 11750 rev limit. Ign based on 03 X440 with moto blended in over 6720 rpm

86atc250r

#13 Post by 86atc250r »

You can't just map for Alcohol.

You will need injectors that flow approximately 50% more fuel than the stock injectors - or you will need a supplemental fuel system and controller - same for a turbo or other power adder (nitrous is a bit easier since you add a specific amount of fuel for a specific amount of nitrous...).

Really -- even if you start developing significantly more power than stock, you'll need larger injectors or watch out for a lean condition on the top end that can't be resolved..... Did I mention that injectors don't like 100% duty cycles either?

EFI is great if you only plan on making minor tweaks from stock, but can quickly become a serious limiting factor (or expensive obsticle) as you mod more heavily.

J. Delaney

#14 Post by J. Delaney »

Haven't seen you around lately! What have you been up to Gabe?

wanablaze

#15 Post by wanablaze »

For the N2O, if you had a map select kit, is this feasible?
What if you used a normal map, with the bike on a dyno. Set it a little rich with the AFR meter. Then spray a very small shot and see how much AFR moved/How much fuel it took to compensate for nitrous. Test again with bigger increments maybe and possibly change timing a few degrees.. Then write a map for the bike with added fuel and timing as though the bike were going to be on the spray the whole time. Then you would just use the second map when spraying. Hopefully somebody could figure out how to wire up a map select kit or something so that whenever the N2O button was touched, the nitrous map would be activated, and then return to original map once released. Now that would be cool, but I'm not as saavy as some of you guys... :cry:

Jaybr

#16 Post by Jaybr »

I may be able to get my hands on some injectors for you. I was working with a guy on injector mods for better spray pattern, one set he did sprayed great but approximately 50% more fuel. I didn't want to right a custom map just for the injector change, so there probably sitting in a drawer somewhere.

claas900

#17 Post by claas900 »

it does seem if you had the map select kit you have a nos map,so when you hit the button it treigers the nos map at the same time??

cannondale27

#18 Post by cannondale27 »

Usually the NOS kits are a stand alone system they add gas and nos at same time independently of your injection system.Jay a
+50% flow rate with same maps might work great for alcohol?

claas900

#19 Post by claas900 »

I thought Id give this a bump and see if theres anything new on running alky?..

claas900

#20 Post by claas900 »

Come on guys. I need some help with this. What do you guys think is all needed to run alky? I think it would be pretty sik if we could get a cannondale on one. Wouldn't have to worry about those yfz's one bit.