Software expiring

Mapping discussions
Scooter

Software expiring

#1 Post by Scooter »

Hey guys and girls, I have just found out that some of you might be having trouble using your D&M kits. I had two customers call saying there software had expired. We belive that there will be a bunch of you that might experience this. So please check your software and verify that it works. I do not want any one trying it this saturday and find out it does not work and cant get it fixed till monday morning. So if you experience a problem please call our tool free number and talk to Kathy and she will get you all squared away. Sorry for the inconvience but I am glad we found it early enough in the week to fix it before the weekend.

Scooter
1-800-727-9520

GDITheman

#2 Post by GDITheman »

thanks for the heads up, scooter.

mine is also expired.

GDITheman

#3 Post by GDITheman »

great customer service. just takes a couple minutes for new codes.

thanks scooter and the gang.

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

What the regular D&M expires also? Or are you just talking Dealer Cal? How about a update that eliminates the expiration and also fixes the exe. file that doesnt work on alot of our discs that came with our kits. No reason we should have to be calling Optimum all the time. What happens if Optimum closes or something?

Scooter

#5 Post by Scooter »

I believe we are working on a non expiering authorization. If you have a problem with the exe please let me know. We have fixed the problem but some of the kits have been sitting for a while in dealers stock. It does not happen to all and i think I have only dealt with less than 10 people with this problem. It has been linked back to a hardware problem with the computers they have. We can only deal with a problem when we know about it.

Scooter

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

Uhm I dealt with you last friday remember?My old laptop broke so I had to reinstall software to new one.So that is 3 PC's that my original exe. didnt work on.Old laptop,New laptop and home P.C.
I would really like a new updated disc since it isnt often I need to install the software on a different computer and since I believed it was a PC problem I never saved the Exe. that works.After trying the codes about 20 times thinking I was doing something wrong problem was fixed with exe. change which I got from you and other employee there.All this took time which I dont have.Please update the software.

Thanks
Steve Spiering

Scooter

#7 Post by Scooter »

If you can tell us why it does not work on your machines we would do our best to fix the problem. I am sorry that you did not keep the fix I had sent to you before and then had to send to you again. I do not want to make this a ***** fest but mearly an information that you might have a problem and we would like to help fix in a timely manner.

Scooter

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

I am not a P.C. tech so I have no idea why the original Exe. file doesnt work.The fix you sent was over 2 years ago cant remember everything.The new one you sent fixed it.Just asking for a updated disc so phone calls and time arent wasted.I appreciate your help in these problems just wish I wouldnt need your help.

Happyboy

#9 Post by Happyboy »

Or if the disc is a problem how about we just post the files on here....that way everyone can get an updated file without calling and harrassing you scooter. Just a thought.biggrin.gif

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

Our site doesnt allow for exe. files to be downloaded or I would post it.