Speed With Moto Pipe - What File Do I Use?

Mapping discussions
Sandman

Speed With Moto Pipe - What File Do I Use?

#1 Post by Sandman »

With the D&M Kit, what hex file should I use if I have upgraded my Speed to a MOTO pipe? I like the Speed map and would prefer not to change it to the MOTO map. Lastly, did the Blaze come spec'd with a titanium pipe as well as the Moto?

wanablaze

#2 Post by wanablaze »

I don't think you need to change hex codes as long as you have the most recent one. You're probably lean if you are running a speed map with the blaze/moto exhaust. I'd at least try your best to tune it and run good gas. With that exhaust you don't need the extra timing the speed map has. Yes, the Blaze and Moto had the same Titanium exhaust.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Here is a moto/speed with moto fuel settings.Otherwise drop your flowrate by 100 and check your plug.With this map use stock settings your quad came with.

Sandman

#4 Post by Sandman »

Do you mean drop Fuel Flow from stock setting of 2603 to 2500? If so, can I safely reduce throttle offset from stock 0.88 down to 0.75 for more instant throttle snap? I recall Mark Shlossnagle saying that we could go down as low as 0.6

Derno24

#5 Post by Derno24 »

You can, but there is a point where it will just be too lean. The only way to find out would be to make the change, but remember your stock settings so if it doesn't work you can go back.

If you get a chance you should probably get an afr meter on there.

acarli3

#6 Post by acarli3 »

2603 on the flow using a Moto pipe with a Speed map has to be very lean. You shouldn't use the Speed map unless your using the toaster exhaust. The 2603 is lean even with the right map for most of us. I'd recheck your stock settings using the excel files on this site. I'm wondering if your settings aren't stock and need to be reset.

jacobw

#7 Post by jacobw »

my brother has and atk450 and the flowrate on it is 2600 I believe with and hmf full system we had to lean out the blaze map from the factory it was too rich and would spit and sputter and fall on its face. The flow rate was 2450. I still need to fine tune it some but it runs pretty good.

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Making flow rate lower like I suggested will make it run richer not leaner.Offset should only be adjusted for clean idle and off idle with goal of 3% +1-0 throttle position at idle.Big changes in offset will effect everything else try not to do it if possible.