Fouling Plugs And Back Fires

Mapping discussions
cdale127

#1 Post by cdale127 »

rowlag......jeff did that to mine when we installed the blaze map....other then the cdale needs a higher amp battery it starts right up. works good!!!

cannondale27

cold start update

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

The coldstart update is just a different map I think all 2002 quads should be running that map from factory.The only way to tell is to use the D&M and see what is the map in the ecm.Lowering the offset and going to a 8 plug helps the main thing though is to get a starting procedure down and use it all the time.
When cold like after sitting overnight or after sitting for over a hour in cold weather.
1)Put in nuetral turn key on
2)Pull in clutch just bump start button once dont start motor wait a couple seconds.This primes motor.
3)Repeat step 2
4)Pull in clutch crank motor over till it fires usually it will run now if it doesnt stay running repeat step2 it should run fine now.
5)Let it idle DO NOT touch throttle until the radiator hose is warm to touch.
6)Once warm take it easy for a little while to get the gears and everything else warm then you need to really get on it a little even if only for a bit it cleans everything out good.
7)In real cold put trickle charger on battery doesnt hurt even when warm out.

Once motor is warm it will start without priming.This procedure has worked for me even in -10 conditions.It seems like a lot but it only takes a couple minutes.

cannondale27

Marcums

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Are you talking about the cold start update or the stalling update which required you to install a new hex code?