Drop the rev limiter with a stroker?

Mapping discussions
elkapower

Drop the rev limiter with a stroker?

#1 Post by elkapower »

Do you need to drop the rev limiter on a Falicon stroker crank?
I am getting flakes in it already, one oil change on the Moto. New bearings, and shimmed right..0.002.
Any ideas.sad.gif

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

Have to? No. I do on mine since the higher limit isn't needed. Are you sure the flakes aren't there from before but just now getting caught? Why did you do the Falicon? Bearing fail before?

elkapower

Falicon crank

#3 Post by elkapower »

I have used their stuff on snowmobiles with good success. So they had one when ATK did not have the 450 pistons, and on MX short tracks a stroker makes sense.
THe engine was completely flushed, but didnot blow out the oil lines, although the tubes were all off. Did a complete engine overhaul, valves etc, so there were no remaining flakes.
I fugure to go a short time on the next oil change, check it again, but it just occured to me that the rev limiter might need to be dropped. an that be done in the dealer cal? Or do you need the D&M?

But as fo other alternatives, what are they....someone else have a better crank or piston? to get to 450cc. I do my own work, that way I know the meticulous nature of my efforts will pay off. So, I am open to other sources, not impressed with ATK's service ethic, hard to get anyone on the phone. Still looking for a source for cam changes in the profiles.

azcannon

#4 Post by azcannon »

the curve goes away too much in the highre rpm on the stroker's to use anyways so its easy to just lower it and save on the unneccessary wear and tear of higher rpm's when we pin it all the time - some people actually pay money for rev limiter's and ours are built in, you need a d and m for a lot of stuff like throttle cal's easy verification of charging system and changing maps , it is a very worthwhile investment