Mixing Maps

Mapping discussions
Jaybr

Mixing Maps

#1 Post by Jaybr »

I've seen a couple new maps showing up like the MotoSpeed and the BlazeSpeed. I'm no expert, but it seems to me that the Moto/Blaze and Speed maps where created for different exhaust systems and the combination of the map wouldn't be right.

Supposedly, a Moto or Blaze map on a stock Cannibal or Speed is way to rich and a Speed map on a Moto would be way to lean. Has anyone put a quad with one of these maps on a dyno or tested exhaust gas temps?

Not trying to kill anyones buzz here, just want to get a better understanding.

Derno24

#2 Post by Derno24 »

When I installed the moto speed map into my cannibal I had to adjust the offset and flow rate to make them work right. I think you are right partially about bikes not being set-up right to work with exhausts. That is why I got the D&M kit to tweek the settings alittle.

Jaybr

#3 Post by Jaybr »

That's kinda what I thought would be needed, but it seems like it would be tricky to get it just right. Ideally the point at which the maps change over would have to match the point where IO and Flow Rate crossover.

It would have been easier if somehow they could have used the IO and Flowrate settings to adjust the fuel flow for different exhaust rather than build it into the maps.

It's not like a car with O2 sensors and stuff that can automatically adjust to the proper fuel flow.

Derno24

#4 Post by Derno24 »

Those fuel curves will work on any bike they are not specific to the machine. What I was getting at is that the air flow is different so when you increase the airflow or the injectors aren't properly set then you have to tweek for the map. Certain maps ask for more fuel and change the timing. The moto speed map was extremely rich in the low end causing the machine to bog. A little tweek and bam power is good. The curve doesn't just adjust fuel and air mix, but other variables as well.

Jaybr

#5 Post by Jaybr »

I'm with you, and your results are exactly what I would have expected, the Moto protion of the map was rich with your exhaust. Just as I would expect that the Speed portion of the MotoSpeed would be lean with my full HMF.

I guess I just wanted to start a discussion about this topic because it appears from the threads that people are just loading the maps and hitting the track. I don't think everyone realizes that other tweaks need to be made for them to run properly.

BTW: I have M&D and access to the map editor.

airtime

#6 Post by airtime »

i have an 03' cannible with a full hmf exhaust with the motto map. can you really tell a difference in the power by changing the maps around?

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes and you can also tell the difference by tweaking the offsets.I even confirmed this on the dyno.If you add a pipe to the quad you need to go richer this will smooth everything out and give you more horsepower.