Need help with ECU DIAG cable!

Mapping discussions
jshort

#1 Post by jshort »

I need help in a bad way. I have an 03 LE Cannibal. It was running good but I thought it was time to do a throttle calibration. I purchased an ECU DIAG cable and tried to adjust my TPS. I am having issues and would like to find someone that I can call that will help walk me through this...

Here is the main problem:
I selected an 02 cannibal map and calibrated my TPS. Sent this map to my ECU and then I when to the monitor screen. I added 2% to the value that was showing which was 2.5%. I set it to 4.5%. Then I started it and adjusted the throttle from there. I got the throttle to fluctuate between 1950-2175 but it would not stay consistant. Then the ECU Monitor screen stopped. All the values went to zero and it was not reading anything. I hit stop on the screen and then tried to restart the monitor. A window popped up and said something like "cannot communicate with ECU". I turned off the ATV and then unplugged the cable. Then I tried to restart my ATV and it would not start. I went through this process twice with the same results. I need some help.

Who knows how to use the ECU DIAG cable and software and wouldn't mind me calling then for help?

Jason

azcannon

#2 Post by azcannon »

I am curious where your at and who could help you with a regular D annd M

yamadjs08

#3 Post by yamadjs08 »

The ECU Diag does that with the monitor screen sometimes, actually quite a bit... When everything goes to zero, leave quad running, push stop on the monitor and unplug the USB from the computer, than plug it back in and hit start and it will be there for another minute or so and than go to zero again...

When you say you went through the process twice what do you mean?

Also to try and get it started, just back out your idle and see if it will fire when its back at 4.5%. Also are you re-calibrated your throttle correctly? When the quad is off, turn on key and open the ECU monitor window, back out your idle until it says 0% or the lowest you can get it to go... Just make sure you don't unscrew the screw completely, it is a pain to put back in without removing the throttle body... After backing it out, than calibrate your closed settings on the programming screen. Than hold throttle open and calibrate your open settings. Open whatever map you want and put in your machines flowrate, leakage and offset and send the map. Than open ecu monitor back up and go up 2-3% from what you are at (0), start the quad and adjust as needed...

jshort

#4 Post by jshort »

I was able to get it running. I think I am good now. I loaded to 03 Cannibal map and set my open and close throttle position. I did not mess with the flowrate, leakage and offset. When I opened the map these items were already filled in. Do I need to adjust these settings?

***AZCANNON - by the way, I live in Tennessee. Not to sure if anyone is close to me.

Thanks for the help.
Jason

yamadjs08

#5 Post by yamadjs08 »

QUOTE (jshort @ Dec 15 2006, 01:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was able to get it running. I think I am good now. I loaded to 03 Cannibal map and set my open and close throttle position. I did not mess with the flowrate, leakage and offset. When I opened the map these items were already filled in. Do I need to adjust these settings?

***AZCANNON - by the way, I live in Tennessee. Not to sure if anyone is close to me.

Thanks for the help.
Jason

Yes you need to type in your quads specific settings in the Flowrate, leakage and offset... The maps are just pre-saved settings and are not your machines settings. But if you already loaded the map and didnt right down your old settings they are gone... If you havent loaded the new map yet, click the 'get calibrations from ECU' button and your settings should pop up. But if you already loaded it than they are gone forever...

MyCannibal

#6 Post by MyCannibal »

yeah but you can always get the stock settings back very easily...you make it sound impossible.

jshort

#7 Post by jshort »

OK, so I need some help. My stock setting are gone. I did not write them down (did not say to in the directions I was following). It starts good when it is cold but once it warms up you you go to restart you have to crank on it for a little bit. It use to start right up any time I would kill it or have to restart. Can someone help?
Jason

fig

#8 Post by fig »

Post your VIN number, someone will respond with your stock settings.

yamadjs08

#9 Post by yamadjs08 »

Ah yes guys I totally apologize... I forgot about the Dyno sheets. You can get your numbers back jshort, again sorry, I totally forgot.

jshort

#10 Post by jshort »

Here is my VIN# 5B6FD31G23B000213. If you guys can help me it will greatly appreciated.