GP control

Mapping discussions
jake

#1 Post by jake »

hi, i have all the products available from GP control for the cannondales. i have the software to make my own maps, but i dont want to really mess with making my own, or take a chance on screwing it up. the quad has a 450 piston kit, stroked falicon crank(18cc.......so all together its a 468), an open air pod, and a trinity exhaust. is there any way i can get maps on cd from anyone here? or maybe even e-mailed to me? im looking for a good map for drag racing. i ride the dunes a lot too. any sugestions?

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Bring it to a dyno and show the dyno guy your ProCal program.It will be a breeze for him to tune it.There are maps posted but I dont believe anyone ever had your combo with a Trinity Pipe.Pipe makes a big difference.

jake

#3 Post by jake »

i also have an hmf pipe. would there be any pre-made maps for me if i used that? in the long run, would there be the performance differance?

jake

#4 Post by jake »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Jul 31 2007, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bring it to a dyno and show the dyno guy your ProCal program.It will be a breeze for him to tune it.There are maps posted but I dont believe anyone ever had your combo with a Trinity Pipe.Pipe makes a big difference.

if i were to ship the program to someone, could they do that without the quad? with were i live, it would be a little bit of a pain in the butt.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

No.Could probably get real close if pipe were shipped.But then we would need a motor like yours and I cant think of any by me.

jesshamner

#6 Post by jesshamner »

None of you WI guys have a 468 with open intake? I thought for sure you would have something where you could at least get the guy close. If someone had the same engine, o3 could just send his pipe to whoever it was with the engine. That is if the person would be willing to get his mapping close.

jake

#7 Post by jake »

theres a dyno bout an hour away from me. i'm gonna call them up today and see if they do 4wheelers. the problem with that is they have a 4 hour minimum and its over a 100 bucks an hour. i thought that was a lil pricey, but then again i dont know how much tey are usually. worst case, if i cant find anyone with my setup, i'll have some friends go in with me for four hours of dyno. my friend has a truck he's guessin is around 700hp so i thin he would be interested in seing fosure.

jake

#8 Post by jake »

theres a dyno bout an hour away from me. i'm gonna call them up today and see if they do 4wheelers. the problem with that is they have a 4 hour minimum and its over a 100 bucks an hour. i thought that was a lil pricey, but then again i dont know how much tey are usually. worst case, if i cant find anyone with my setup, i'll have some friends go in with me for four hours of dyno. my friend has a truck he's guessin is around 700hp so i thin he would be interested in seing fosure.

jake

#9 Post by jake »

QUOTE (o3speed @ Aug 1 2007, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

whoops, i dunno how i did that twice.

wistech

#10 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (jesshamner @ Aug 1 2007, 08:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
None of you WI guys have a 468 with open intake? I thought for sure you would have something where you could at least get the guy close. If someone had the same engine, o3 could just send his pipe to whoever it was with the engine. That is if the person would be willing to get his mapping close.

That quad will need a custom map or something close to stock if it doesnt have a ported head. i dont even remember ever dynoing a stock headed motor except for the ATK.