Trinity exhaust and mapping.

Mapping discussions
Cannibal440

Trinity exhaust and mapping.

#1 Post by Cannibal440 »

Which CANNONDALE map is best for the trinity full system? I've heared that the speed map is too lean for the aftermarket pipes but I have also heard some guys are running it. I do alot of woods riding but do spend some time on a local track, and want broad, usable power. Does anyone who has the trinity system have any experiance with any other aftermarket exhausts? I'm wondering how they compare. Any info would be appreciated.

86atc250r

#2 Post by 86atc250r »

I believe Trinity has their own map.

Any pipe will benefit from specific tuning for it's flow characteristics. It's roulette if you decide to try a map on a pipe it wasn't intended for, may work great, may lean out or go rich in areas. May have timing issues as well.

A pipe or any other mod will never live up to it's full potential unless it is specifically tuned for.... The best solution would be to tune in a map for your bike/pipe combo yourself, although that's out of the realm of what most casual riders are capable and/or willing to do.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

I heard that trinity uses the original speed map the one before coldstart update and tweaks it a little.

Sandstorm

#4 Post by Sandstorm »

I am one of the few running a Graydon pipe. HMF's just don't do anything for me and every pipe manufacturer will tell you THEIR pipe is the best. I run the moto mapping and my quads has a hit like a two stroke. No complaints at all!!!

Sandstorm

#5 Post by Sandstorm »

It is a slip on for the old style pipe. I had the toaster and a slip on CAN'T be made for the toaster. It can't be done, so, I ordered the old headpipe and Graydon silencer from www.atvaddiction 359 bones. It's a short silencer, like a fatboy silencer on a 250r..This is a good close up on my brothers Speed. The sticker burnt off, oh well!!

Smitty911

#6 Post by Smitty911 »

I run a HMF slip-on with the Trinity Map no problem when it runs.

I should have mine back by this weekend.

Smitty

cdalemx301

#7 Post by cdalemx301 »

What i heard was that all the trinity map was, was a map off of the cdale mx bike

wyndzer

#8 Post by wyndzer »

The MX map will run like a scalded dog from bottom to mid, but is way rich on top and falls on it's face. I guess due to the weight of an atv compared to a bike.

wyndzer

#9 Post by wyndzer »

dale44 you have a PM

Jaybr

#10 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by dale44
wyndzer, what kind of exhaust are you running and what are your offsets, leakage and flow rate set to?  An mx map has readings on the other end of the spectrum for these than the quad but the map runs good, when set with you specific calibrations.
another question, how many of you out there have had your thumbs or twists cal'd to make sure the ECU knows it should be running at 100%?

My understanding is that offsets, leakage, and flow rates are specific to the injectors on each motor and should allways be set that way.

I have the maintenance and diag kit and have set my throttle position (TPS). While doing this the operating code on the ECU got corrupted and I had to get a replacement ECU.