new to this, need some help

Mapping discussions
LapTraffic

#1 Post by LapTraffic »

Ive been battling the same question.

My decision was on the dale. But you need to weigh your wants and desires against what the bike offers.

The Z is a great bike, very nimble, a superior saddle, smooth motor, light clutch etc, very good in trails. very predictable

The Dale is a he!! Hound bent on the single minded destruction of all those stock foreign bikes that would oppose it.

If you have a weak heart I wouldnt buy one.

Oh, and from what I understand the mapping is something you can update and or fiddle with if you're into that. You would need the software and a computer to do so.

I would put that low on my list of worries, it is extremely functional and flexible, you'll like it over jetting

mountainman10

#2 Post by mountainman10 »

The map just tells the feul injection how to work at different throttle positions. The stock cannibal map comes with a rev limiter at 10,600 while the rest are at 11,600 and it is a little more tame than the others but still very fast. Any map can be used in any riding enviroment, they are just set for maximum performance in different ways. The moto is hard hitting from the bottom all the way through the powerband. The blaze is more tame on the bottom end for technical riding and has a smoother power curve. The new glamis will be set for the dunes. You can set it to what ever you want in about 5 minutes. My dealer does this as many times as you like for free if you buy the quad from him. For $300 you can get the software and cables to do it yourself. I have tried a few different maps and they are all good in different situations. Go with the cannondale or you will wish you had when they fly be you on your Z. The Z's are good machines but performance wise there is no comparison. And cannondale will do whatever they can to help you. They even stop and talk to us on the forum sometimes and really listen to what we have to say! Do you think Suzuki would do that? Me neither.

86atc250r

#3 Post by 86atc250r »

Like the others have said, "mapping" is something you can play with if you want to and know what you're doing. Definitely not something that "needs" done unless you start modifying the engine, intake, or exhaust.

As for Z400 vs Cdale? Lets put it this way, I know a couple LTZ owners that are either selling or considering selling their Z's to get a cannondale, I don't know any Cannondale owners that are selling to get a Z smile.gif