Changing a map

Mapping discussions
cannondale32

#1 Post by cannondale32 »

Can someone explain the process of how to change a map Thanks

NRath

#2 Post by NRath »

Before a write up, let's cut to the chase- Do you have D&M and a cable?

cannondale32

#3 Post by cannondale32 »

Well the one I'm lookin at buyin doesnt have it but I would buy one for it I was just wanting to know how hard it is after you plug it in ?

rayspeed

#4 Post by rayspeed »

It is not all that hard... you need to have the map you want to load in a file on a computer which kind of needs to be an old one that has the 9 pin serial port. New laptops do not have this and a usb adapter can be made to work but can be problematic with loading the hex file which is like to operating system for the ecu but fairly rarely needs done.

Beyond that there is a set procedure you must follow but it really is not that hard. First you have to save the throttle settings and such by just clicking on that box with the ecu on. Then open the new map file you want by clicking on open map and finding where you put it. Make sure you check the boxes for the settings for your machine and not the ones that automatically populate by clicking on change settings and checking the new setting boxes and hit send. The pump will cycle when it is done and shut off the ecu and program will say map sent. It would be best if you get your auth codes from optim to unlock the ecu automatically every time but that is not the only way.

NRath

#5 Post by NRath »

Ray pretty much nailed it. Just like everything else in the garage, it's really easy once you have the right tool!

Brad77

#6 Post by Brad77 »

Thats what she said
wink.gif

cannondale32

#7 Post by cannondale32 »

Lol thanks guys