Power Commander map

Mapping discussions
desertbound

#1 Post by desertbound »

Anyone who has a power commander have a map built for harley injectors?? If so, would you be willing to share? My ecu still has the stock speed/glamis map in it and I don't want to start my new motor with that map in it. Actually don't even know if it will start with the stock map.

Kuma

#2 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (desertbound @ Oct 21 2008, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone who has a power commander have a map built for harley injectors?? If so, would you be willing to share? My ecu still has the stock speed/glamis map in it and I don't want to start my new motor with that map in it. Actually don't even know if it will start with the stock map.

Timbo has a map or 2 for the HD injectors, it's the first topic is his sponsored site. the map is for the 'dale not PC but should be a safe starting point.

peterock

#3 Post by peterock »

I would think one of the guys that bought the PC's had to have harly injectors. Myself and Steve both have not dynoed our quads yet and have the harly injectors.

desertbound

#4 Post by desertbound »

Steve has offered to put a map in the ecu for me, but we thought we'd see if there was a power commander map first. If he's up for it, I'll just send my ecu to him. I'm really worried about being lean. I don't even know if it will start. I'd rather have a map in there that is close to work with.

Pete,

Should I wait to install the power commander untill I'm ready for the dyno? How will the map that is put in the power commander effect the custom map that would be installed into the ecu?

peterock

#5 Post by peterock »

If you zero out the power commander map it won't be making any adjustments from the ECU map. It would be the same as if it weren't even hooked up.

desertbound

#6 Post by desertbound »

I'm gonna have a map put in my ecu as a baseline, and then I'll have a map for harley injectors to share. I'll post it for everyone as soon as it's done.

TricityCdale

#7 Post by TricityCdale »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't someone have to have the same base map in the ECU for the PC map to work correctly between two different machines? Thus the point about setting a standard base map for those running PC's? Otherwise, sharing PC maps really seems pointless since they are a piggyback system. Am I understanding this correctly?

desertbound

#8 Post by desertbound »

You are correct. I'm sure a baseline map from timbo is gonna be put in my ecu. Probably the one that this setup was ran with before. Like I said, we are not even sure my quad will even start with a stock speed/glamis map. I don't want to try it. But if someone is gonna be starting with the same base map, maybe the power commander map I share will help them.

I want to get some sort of database going for the power commanders. It can be an excel spreadsheet with fields for mods, ecu base map, and the power commander map.

Maybe if we can get enough people to contribute, we could have more options. My reason for this post was to see if someone had a power commander map for a motor like mine with a speed map in the ecu.

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

As soon as I get mine going I will make a PC map for Harleys with stock Cannondale map and flows.