ATK map To Cannondale

Mapping discussions
cannondale27

#11 Post by cannondale27 »

Nope. I am using the Procal and the online calibration site and neither recognize it as anything close to a Cannondale map. Just a bunch of crazy numbers like an ATK map. I posted this in the ECU diag forum maybe they know how to really convert them like they say can be done. Disappointing for sure. Without this map it is pointless to try to tune for E85 and really tough to tune for below freezing temps. Here is a screenshot. Thanks for trying guys.
[attachment=7562:Map.jpg]

oldnbroken

#12 Post by oldnbroken »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Nov 24 2008, 08:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nope.I am using the Procal and the online calibration site and neither recognize it as anything close to a Cannondale map.Just a bunch of crazy numbers like a ATK map.I posted this in the ECU diag forum maybe they know how to really convert them like they say can be done.Disappointing for sure.Without this map it is pointless to try to tune for E85 and really tough to tune for below freezing temps.Here is a screenshot.Thanks for trying guys.
[attachment=7562:Map.jpg]

Try this. This will open in map tweak. Your screenshot is an ATK format. I must have sent back the original file.

I seem to be having a problem getting it to save in the correct format. I sent back one that you gave me that has been converted. My Dealer Cal will read this one and it comes up in the XCRacing comparison window correctly.

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

Cold Start one works perfect but the one I need doesn't. Maybe it's being corrupted? Oldnbroken could I email the file to you and try converting that since .atk files still can't be posted here?

oldnbroken

#14 Post by oldnbroken »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Nov 24 2008, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cold Start one works perfect but the one I need doesnt.Maybe its being corrupted?Oldnbroken could I email the file to you and try converting that since .atk files still cant be posted here?

Sure, let's try that. I've sent a PM.

kdeal

#15 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Nov 21 2008, 07:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
#13atk that didn't work. Did you just change the extension? If so that won't work. Need to do it in ECU diag.

KDeal the extension on ATK maps is .atk

Steve,

Try saving an ATK map now.

Ken

cannondale27

#16 Post by cannondale27 »

Here we go.

[attachment=7566:.93_coolant.atk]

Thanks Kdeal! You're the man.

cannondale27

#17 Post by cannondale27 »

And here is the ATK map with coolant temp shut off stock injectors for a Cannondale
[attachment=7574:Coolant_...njectors.ccf]

Coolant temp off for Harley injectors:
[attachment=7575:coolantt...ffharley.ccf]

Pain in butt to do it this way but without a Cannondale version of ATK Procal is only way to make these changes.So now we have a base map that others can be built on.Thank you oldnbroken HUGE help!

Fuel for Harley one is only changed in the first of the 3 maps so if you have map select change the other two.I am thinking these will help some cold weather tuning since our motors tend to run very cold in below freezing temps.Also if running Alcohol this will stop compensation from occuring because Alcohol cools the motor so much.Experimental be careful!

cannondale27

#18 Post by cannondale27 »

Although I ran out of time and I didnt use E85 and just stuck with pump gas I am very happy with this map mod.When tuning there is no more waiting for engine to come up to temp.Results are repeatable no matter what engine temp is.Fan still comes on as normal and air temp still compensates.Air temp never varies as much as engine temp.Starts great.Maybe sometimes simpler works better.This mod tilts my favor to the 1000ecu once again since you can now block off the IACV(unreliable IACV's) and not have the compensation going on at warmup PLUS you have all the adjustability of the 1000ecu without any need for a Fuel Controller unless you cant learn the system.Still requires a D&M though so if you dont have a D&M the fuel controller and sending out ecu for this map install would still be needed.Glad this experiment worked out.May be more mods to programing later using the ATK ProCal or wishfully our own version.Thanks for all the help here.Definitly was a community effort.