opening front plastic

Mapping discussions
Denny08

#1 Post by Denny08 »

what would someone charge me to remap my blaze since I opened up the front plastic.I know it needs done because it's popping and shutting down if I try to get on it real hard.So if anyone can help that would be great.

speedracer

#2 Post by speedracer »

QUOTE (Denny @ Nov 21 2008, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what would someone charge me to remap my blaze since I opened up the front plastic.I know it needs done because it's popping and shutting down if I try to get on it real hard.So if anyone can help that would be great.

Blackwidow can re-map it for you,I think its around $20.00.You have to include you serial # on you frame and motor when you send them your ecu.Also,check your fuel flow.Have you gutted your quick connects?

thedeatons

#3 Post by thedeatons »

Seriously doubt you have a map issue. We use standard Dale maps with modded exhaust canisters and open air filters mounted directly on the throttle body, they are safe enough AFR-wise.

Denny08

#4 Post by Denny08 »

I have taken the quick connects out completely ,so I dont think its that unless its a fuel pump issue again. I had trouble when I first got it running with the fuel pump not wanting to pump it would just humm and that was it. After a few hours of messing with it started working so I thought the problem was fixed but maybe not .So you dont think I need to remap?

thedeatons

#5 Post by thedeatons »

Nope.... With the setup I mentioned above we usually use a Moto map. We have tested that on multiple quads at the dyno and it was never worth the dyno time/money to remap it, they were always very close.

Have you done a throttle calibration lately? If your throttle is off the ECU will be looking at the wrong section of the fueling/timing tables for information, which is not good smile.gif

Also make sure little things like the throttle body to cylinder head boot is tight and not ripped....

Denny08

#6 Post by Denny08 »

QUOTE (thedeatons @ Nov 21 2008, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nope.... With the setup I mentioned above we usually use a Moto map. We have tested that on multiple quads at the dyno and it was never worth the dyno time/money to remap it, they were always very close.

Have you done a throttle calibration lately? If your throttle is off the ECU will be looking at the wrong section of the fueling/timing tables for information, which is not good smile.gif

Also make sure little things like the throttle body to cylinder head boot is tight and not ripped....

Do I need to send my ecu in to have the throttle calibration done if so you can do that.I really need to figure out what it is so I can ride the darn thing.

speedracer

#7 Post by speedracer »

Throttle body is where you do the recal.

MyCannibal

#8 Post by MyCannibal »

are you sure your throttle body boot is tight to the intake and to the filter?...

Denny08

#9 Post by Denny08 »

I made sure there were no cuts loose clamps.The whole thing is kinda weird to me because I'll start it let it warm up for a few minutes go to take off and it will backfire a little and want to die if you stay in the gas.If you keep steady gas by just pressing the thottle just a little bit it will stay running but if pin it backfire and shuts off. So I'm starting to wonder if the fuel pump is going bad.I have removed the quick connects so I know its not that.

thedeatons

#10 Post by thedeatons »

Stick a fuel pressure gauge (EFI rated one) inline and tell us the fuel pressure.....