Moto Speed map

Mapping discussions
SlOoT

#1 Post by SlOoT »

I want to try the moto-speed map.

I have stock bore/stroke, podfilter, custom pipe (fmf ti replica) and very mild portjob.

I have these maps:

-motospeed110Acarli27fuel 10500limit.ccf

-motospeed75204-110.ccf

Is one of these good? Or should I get another one?

Or maybe some other maps that might work? I have 45 maps on my laptop...

Thanks

rayspeed

#2 Post by rayspeed »

I use that 75204 on my stock motor with full bg system and no other mods... I think it would be lean with a open air filter and any porting. The other would probably be closer but no way to tell seat of the pants. I hope that you know that you are putting your motor at risk playing with stock or hybrid maps with your mods... even tho they are not extreme, with any kind of porting I doubt they are going to have a safe afr all the way thru the rpm range.
Cheapest place to get that last couple of hp and be assured that your motor will live a long happy life is to spend the hundred bucks or so and tune it on a dyno.

SlOoT

#3 Post by SlOoT »

Any suggestions on wich map to use ?

Thanks

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Like Ray said you should go to the dyno.Acarli27fuel is very old and was a map made way back when we had a hesitation on acceleration.You can start with that one but you need to go to dyno and tune for sure.You will find it rich on bottom end.

SlOoT

#5 Post by SlOoT »

Ok, maybe I will go to the dyno tongue.gif

The engine that is now in the quad is put together with some old parts. Gonna build a good engine while I beat this one up.

Thanks

67z400

#6 Post by 67z400 »

I used to run the moto-speed map when my bike was only 460 piston and mild port and polish job. It ran good. However, I recently put on the Moto Ti full exhaust system. I did not feel a large gain until I loaded the stock moto map. I have yet to get my bike dynoed and custom tuned, but it runs much better with the moto map rather than the moto-speed map. Good luck.

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Some of the moto-speed maps are very lean on the topend compared to Moto map.Look for a motospeed with moto fuel.Remember a Speed came with a toaster exhaust.

kdeal

#8 Post by kdeal »

I just made this one for Orange Custom Cycles with 10% more fuel across the board from 6K and up. It is a Moto Speed map. We ran a bone stock motor with exhaust and Timbo Cyclone open air filter set up.
[attachment=7610:Orange_C...ATV_Open.ccf]

SlOoT

#9 Post by SlOoT »

I think that is a good map to start with. Will try that one I think. Thanks