Random hesitation with new exhaust

Mapping discussions
thedeatons

#31 Post by thedeatons »

What? They read zero because you are supposed to set them at zero when you do the throttle cal. When it tells you to press enter when the throttle is at minimum voltage that is when you back the screw all the way out, and press enter. This sets zero when the throttle plate is as closed as it gets. Then you dial in some idle screw to get the 2-3% and make the bike idle properly (at 2100-2200 rpm). If it is not idling just right after that you need to make computer adjustments.

YOU HAVE TO SET ZERO WHEN ZERO IS ACHIEVED WITH THE THROTTLE PLATE, COMPLETELY CLOSED.

If this is not happening then the quad is never in the right spot in the map, and you are missing out on performance and smoothness.

claas900

#32 Post by claas900 »

Boy its been so long,sounds like i need to look at it again. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong?

Canniboomer

#33 Post by Canniboomer »

QUOTE (claas900 @ Dec 14 2008, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm I don't think mine or the other 2 I have done have ever read zero when the screw is backed all the way out.

I think that is perfectly normal. When you calibrate correctly, you would not be using the thumb throttle to take those readings. The true zero reading is with the plate fully closed by HAND, and firmly, and assuming the cable is not preventing the bellcrank from closing up all the way. But in normal thumb throttle use, and with the bellcrank spring having to work against an attached cable, it would rarely return ALL the way closed to 0%. It will likely read some very small %. Really, as long as the throttle spring returns it back to below your actual idle setting, and you are also getting a complete stroke to fully-open (ideally 100%), then it's fine.

--------------------

cannondale27

#34 Post by cannondale27 »

It is normal.I also have never seen one read 0.What a throttle cal does is takes the reading of TPSmin (2-3% usually)and interprets that reading as 0% when computing needs of motor.You never actually see the zero reading unless someone has rotated it to the relaxed position which also isnt a good thing since TPS also assists throttle return quite alot actually.

SlOoT

#35 Post by SlOoT »

Today I tried some more things. Disconnected kill-switch, problem still there. Removed the toaster, problem still there.

Then I decided to unplug the wire from the stator to the voltage regulator, problem solved...

cannondale27

#36 Post by cannondale27 »

Ugh same thing UPSman went through last year.Bad battery led to stator and voltage regulator issues.Was regulator all along.Happy for you.Electrical can be really tough for sure.

SlOoT

#37 Post by SlOoT »

lol, just got my moto running. It seems to have the excact same problem, only it does not happen every time...

SlOoT

#38 Post by SlOoT »

Replaced the voltage regulator, that fixed the problem.