remap

Mapping discussions
Denny08

#1 Post by Denny08 »

So if I put a hood on and get rid of the air box what kind of adjustments will I have to make.

MX Quad Dad

#2 Post by MX Quad Dad »

you should mention what you have. is it stock, aftermarket exhaust and what do you mean by remove the airbox? If you are putting something like boomer's intake on it inplace of the are box, he would be the best to tell you if you are useing his mod. but dyno tuneing is the best was to be sure you are getting the most HP.

kdeal

#3 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (Denny @ Dec 18 2008, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So if I put a hood on and get rid of the air box what kind of adjustments will I have to make.

A good starting point is to modify the existing map by adding 10% more fuel across the board from 6,000 RPM & up. It will allow you to safely start tuning from there.

Denny08

#4 Post by Denny08 »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Dec 19 2008, 06:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A good starting point is to modify the existing map by adding 10% more fuel across the board from 6,000 RPM & up. It will allow you to safely start tuning from there.

sorry about that it's a 02 Blaze stock except for a full HMF system. I want to get rid of the air box and run a K&N filter on it. I don't have a way to modify the existing map, is that something I can send to someone to have done.

2mike18

#5 Post by 2mike18 »

I was told by a few other members to avoid using a k&n filter because they let so much debris through it into the motor. I switched to uni filters and so far like them better. just food for thought.

Denny08

#6 Post by Denny08 »

I didn't know that. I bought a uni filter but I thought the K&N would give it better performance.

speedracer

#7 Post by speedracer »

QUOTE (Denny @ Dec 19 2008, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sorry about that it's a 02 Blaze stock except for a full HMF system. I want to get rid of the air box and run a K&N filter on it. I don't have a way to modify the existing map, is that something I can send to someone to have done.

Call Blackwidow on this site,they can help you with your ecu.

Denny08

#8 Post by Denny08 »

does anyone have a picture of a boomer air filter set up ? I would like to see one before I buy one

SlOoT

#9 Post by SlOoT »

The Canniboomer setup is a very nice setup. I recommend it to everyone, not only for the extra HP but also for the easier acces to everything around the throttle body.

I have always used a K&N filter. But I only ride MX, and the tracks here are never dusty. Only sand gets near the airfilter, so a K&N with outerwear works perfect.

I recommend the Top Fueler map, contact Canniboomer for that map.

speedracer

#10 Post by speedracer »

What is the top fueler map?Never heard of that one.