Loading Hex Codes

Mapping discussions
oldnbroken

#1 Post by oldnbroken »

I would imagine that this has be answered before, but here goes.

I have some questions about loading Hex Codes. I have a DealerCal setup. I see that there are 2 hex codes in the program, one for a bike and the other for a quad. Now the the question. When trying to download the hex I get a message about "serial port failure", it retries several times then times out and says "programming failed". Checked Com Port assignment and the baud rate is set like the manual shows it (tried it both ways with no change).

Other than this everything else works great when connected to the bike. Suggestions would be appreciated. I also see references to newer hex codes. Has there been new ones released since '02?

kdeal

#2 Post by kdeal »

Are you using a serial port to USB adapter on the end of the cable? If so that is your problem. If not, try pulling the plug on the starter solenoid and holding the start button down as the computer is loading the new hex code. As far as newer hex codes post the file names you have now.

oldnbroken

#3 Post by oldnbroken »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Jan 2 2009, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you using a serial port to USB adapter on the end of the cable? If so that is your problem. If not, try pulling the plug on the starter solenoid and holding the start button down as the computer is loading the new hex code. As far as newer hex codes post the file names you have now.

Thanks,

Yes I'm using a USB to serial adapter to connect the Optima cable to my laptop. I have tried a couple of adapters that would not communicate at all. I believe I have the one that Optima recommends, but I'm not sure.

I will get the file names, I don't have my laptop with me at the moment.

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

Usb to serial port adapters work for everything except hex codes. Scooter swears up and down it cannot be done and I agree with him. You must hold down the start button at least until the code starts loading. Its to keep the ecu powered up .

oldnbroken

#5 Post by oldnbroken »

Thanks for the information. I guess I'll try a desktop computer that has a real serial port on it.

The codes that I have are h002V04K.hex and h302V04K.hex, if that makes sense. These seem to be the default codes included with the program.

claas900

#6 Post by claas900 »

QUOTE (oldnbroken @ Jan 2 2009, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the information. I guess I'll try a desktop computer that has a real serial port on it.

The codes that I have are h002V04K.hex and h302V04K.hex, if that makes sense. These seem to be the default codes included with the program.

I believe the 302 one is the right one.

oldnbroken

#7 Post by oldnbroken »

QUOTE (claas900 @ Jan 2 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe the 302 one is the right one.

I was told that the 302 was for a quad and the other for the bike. And the only difference was the cooling fan control circuit was active in the 302. Is that right?

kdeal

#8 Post by kdeal »

Hex Codes:

ATV: H302v04k

BIKE: 4K-MX

oldnbroken

#9 Post by oldnbroken »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Jan 3 2009, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hex Codes:

ATV: H302v04k

BIKE: 4K-MX

I don't have one with -MX tag on it. Does anyone have it that they could email or PM.

What would happen if you loaded the ATV code in a bike?

kdeal

#10 Post by kdeal »

PM me your e-mail addy.