First trip to the dyno...

Mapping discussions
thedeatons

#21 Post by thedeatons »

HAHA.... good point Jeff....

I still think the trim feature is not the most efficient on the dyno. We have done enough of them to know we are as efficient as possible right now.

Plus think about after the dyno, your trim feature is now useless. Once you have the perfect tune you need nothing else. Once you have been to the dyno you know that seat of the pants tuning just doesn't do it......

Thanks for the tip Steve, I didn't know that.... Shouldn't you be working on someone's shocks? LOLOL

peterock

#22 Post by peterock »

QUOTE (TricityCdale @ Feb 27 2009, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's true, but it's still a PITA, especially with the Cycra handguards. Oh, and I'm generally not THAT ambitious!! tongue.gif

wouldn't even have to mount it to the bars. could just hold it in your hand tongue.gif

TricityCdale

#23 Post by TricityCdale »

QUOTE (peterock @ Feb 27 2009, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wouldn't even have to mount it to the bars. could just hold it in your hand tongue.gif

Glad somebody around here is thinking! wink.gif That's a good idea. Maybe it's because of the 4 1/2 hrs of sleep I got last night.....naw, I'm just not that sharp! biggrin.gif

cannondale27

#24 Post by cannondale27 »

If the dyno guy cant handle using a twist throttle unless he is doing it for free just go somewhere else.Crimmy what the heck has he been dynoing?Streetbikes are the most frequent dyno customers by far.They all have twists.

MX Quad Dad

#25 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (thedeatons @ Feb 27 2009, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was really good considering HMF short header and no Cyclone!

Funny to see the other 470+ Jap quads throwing down 54 flat..... LOLOL

Now that they see the Dales throw up big numbers eveyr time they are starting to throw weight readings around.

The operator weighed his LTR with no gas and no nerfs and it was 410 lbs, and his new KTM SX505 weighed 360lbs.... Time to weigh a long travel Dale.

I did weigh our Moto when it was new. I'm thinking it was right around what the claimed weight was. and that was just the way we picked it up, Headlights, heelgaurds and fuel.

thedeatons

#26 Post by thedeatons »

We plan to weigh some soon....

The dyno guy just pushes the button. I operate the quad, Chris dials in the map.

Lots of different ways to dyno things I suppose. Their dyno sees quads 90% of the time, 10% of the time it sees cars.

rayspeed

#27 Post by rayspeed »

Here we have a SuperFlow CycleDyn which is an Eddy Current load cell dyno.
I think they take top speed in fourth into account and I am pertty sure that they dial in some kind of curve into the load so to speak. http://www.racersedgeaz.com/services.php
They were doing a tripple cylinder 220 hp drag banshee before we did mine and let me tell you that thing was loud!

m_mcgranahan

#28 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi,

thats pretty cool! I wonder what I will do using all 91 octane pump gas at 2100ft of elevation.

God bless...

mark

thedeatons

#29 Post by thedeatons »

I predict about 54 max with that timing and intake setup. My Moto was the same way with a pump gas CP 450, and 106/106 timing, it did 51.8hp. Usually the radical cam timing is getting us another 2hp peak. The 3 degrees of seperation should get rid of the Cannondale dip in the midrange.

wayneschofield

#30 Post by wayneschofield »

Given the cams, you'll probably want to give it some more advance off the bottom, up to about 5k, and take some fuel out down there as well because it won't scavenge the cylinder as well.

Conversely, you'll probably want to add some fuel through the upper mid-range and at the top end and take some advance out too, especailly given the compression.