TPS problems

Mapping discussions
cool_dude_dotcom

#1 Post by cool_dude_dotcom »

I put a PCIII on my cannibal and took it to LED perfomance to get it dynoed and tuned, The guy there said that when he goes to full throttle it goes full rich and that he thinks the TPS is not sending to the power commander. He also said that a wire was unpluged fron the TPS so he pluged it back in but it didn't affect anything. Has any body had any problems like this. Pete anything like this in R&D?

peterock

#2 Post by peterock »

Does it receive the proper signal at half throttle and such? Only has the problem at wide open? If that is the case, you could have a bad TPS sensor.

What wire was unpluged? Talking about the tap from the gray wire to the PC?

peterock

#3 Post by peterock »

Or is it doing like we had in this post?

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/forums/ind...hat+caused+this

cool_dude_dotcom

#4 Post by cool_dude_dotcom »

not sure what the deal is i'll have tog get ahold of my dyno guy tomarrow. I hope it's not the ecu

cool_dude_dotcom

#5 Post by cool_dude_dotcom »

The unpluged wire was on the right side i didn't get a good look at were it went to, but the problem was the crimp conector that came with the PCIII he took that off and soldered the wire directly to the gray wire. All is well now and got tuned in and made a little over 53hp...i was hoping for more but it still has stock cam settings...maybe later on i will get more.

thedeatons

#6 Post by thedeatons »

Falicon's aren't known for super high power, we have one or two in our group and they are disappointing. Consider yourself fortunate that it is still in one piece....!! 53hp is very respectable by the way, good job.

cool_dude_dotcom

#7 Post by cool_dude_dotcom »

QUOTE (thedeatons @ Mar 15 2009, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Consider yourself fortunate that it is still in one piece....!!

Oh it's been redone... the crank didn't brake but my case cracked 3/4 the way around were the piston goes up. I had tim redo it so hopefully its good. It has about 30 hours on it now and had a to total of 50 befor the case broke. i've had my shares of head achs with things not lasting long, braking...some were my fault some were my builders, but he didn't take blame for it so it still ended up on my wallet. But that was than, this is now and im pretty much numb to what ever happens.