Power commander map

Mapping discussions
cannondalemaine

#1 Post by cannondalemaine »

Hey guys i just bought a power commander the other day and correct me if im wrong but i was told when installed it has a map that is way out of whack and problem will not start up? Now i was wondering if there was a way i could change the fuel settings in it to the ones i have on my ecu and how i would do it? Im gonna be going to the dyno when the weather warms up, it runs good right now and needs little tweaking but im afraid if i put the commander in that i wont be able to get it running like it does now without the commander installed for the day of the dyno. I am new to this power commander and would appreciate any responses.

peterock

#2 Post by peterock »

Was this one bought through me? The ones I send out are ready to go.

cannondalemaine

#3 Post by cannondalemaine »

I didnt buy it directly from you, i bought it from a guy on the site. It has your glqra stickers in it so i assume that it was purchased from you at one point. I have a port and polished stroker engine that i just installed, is the map on it a good enough starting point for when i dyno? Thanks pete

peterock

#4 Post by peterock »

If the RPM Scale goes to 12000 rpm that is a good start. The original map I sent them out with were for a stock stroke, 450 timbo ported with cyclone intake, stock injectors.

not sure what the guy did with it though, he may have made changes from when it was sent out. It should start right up though when installed and give you a good starting point.

cannondalemaine

#5 Post by cannondalemaine »

Thanks alot pete for the info.