The ins and outs of Mapping

Mapping discussions
jcv440

The ins and outs of Mapping

#1 Post by jcv440 »

Tomorrow(well today actually) We're doing some testing with 2 different Moto's with the TC pipe and a stock Cannibal with the round silencer and I'm going to throw the Bill's slip-on on it also. Plan on doing 2 different runs to try to get the best of both situations. Straight drag racing and going to do a lap around our field to see if cornering speed/power is affected.

Maz is coming up to the shop and spending all day with us tuning and explaining the proper way to tune your cannon. I will post a full report tomorrow night. Should be very interesting.

Ryanstones

That's cool stuff!

#2 Post by Ryanstones »

i hope ya'll don't have too much fun. biggrin.gif

haydug

#3 Post by haydug »

If your track is pretty long, try the moto/speed map compared to the stock moto map and check lap times. The mixed map is awesome. I was jumping the 100' triple in VA this year in 4th gear with stock map, but cleared it in 3rd with mix map. It pulls way harder and longer on top.

CdaleRacer0128

#4 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

i'll be up at champion motorsports on tuesday/wednesday bringin my quad in for the stage 8 and getting a TC pipe with im pretty sure the nac's mapping..we've been talking with scott..i'll let everyone know how it works after i come back wednesday

jcv440

#5 Post by jcv440 »

Well, we didn't get to spend all the time we wanted to, but we did get one quad running real well. Ended up with the Speed map as a base, and tweaked it some. Learned some real good tricks. After we where done, the Moto with TC pipe and Speed map would take the Moto with the TC pipe and Nacs mapping. In all aspects, straightline drag and alittle TT racing around the field. It wasn't by much, but it would always edge out the Nac Moto. I'm going to the track tomorrow, so we'll see how they stack up against each other then.

Did get some SWEEEET tools from the factory. A teardown table with an oil drain center, a sleeve press, valve service tools, all the various bearing drivers, Engine maintenance stands(got one the motor clamps in and you can spin it 360 degrees, motor lift, leakdown tester, ring compressor, electronic caster and camber calibrators, and some other hand tools. This is going to make it SOOO much easier to work on these machines!

YamaWarr0121,

That was me on the phone today when you called, we'll get that sucker screaming for ya. biggrin.gif

DirtDragon

#6 Post by DirtDragon »

Can you post what changes you made to the Speed map?

btolenti

#7 Post by btolenti »

anything on the Bill's pipe???