questions about rider trim

Mapping discussions
SlOoT

#1 Post by SlOoT »

I have a ridertrim and mapselect kit on my Moto.

I have it setup so that I can change the fueling with the trim.

When the engine is running and I activate the trim (blue light goes on), and then when I press up more then 3 times all the lights start to flash, and when I press down 2 times they stop flashing. Then when I press down more then 3 times all the lights flash again, and when I press up 2 times the lights stop flashing.

It does seem as if the fueling is affected when I adjust it. Engine does respond to it.

But is it normal that all the lights start to flash like described?

Thanks

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes they kind of go on in succesion right?

MX Quad Dad

#3 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I had talked to scooter quite a bit when I was playing around with this. I know the instructions tell about setting the rider trim for differant digital jets (pilot,needle and main) also that you can select how big of changes each push of the trim button with a max overall change. one thing I was doing wrong was tring to go past max overall change. and I think you have to be in the correct throttle percent (pilot, needle or main) when you try to make the changes. but its been a long time since I messed with the trim but I do remember having an issue with flashing lights Maybe if I think about it for a while I will remember,

Scooter

#4 Post by Scooter »

When you see all of the lights blinking that means you have reached the limit that was set. You need to go in and see what you have your max adjustment and change it. You will allso need to make sure you have the amount of adjustment per push set to some reasonable adjustment. When you are in fuel you should see the lights move from one to the other while you move the throttle, it is a feed back so you know where you are adjusting. Hope this helps.

Scooter

SlOoT

#5 Post by SlOoT »

THANKS!!!

Now I finaly know what is going on laugh.gif

I will experiment a bit more and hopefully get the hang of it.

Thanks

SlOoT

#6 Post by SlOoT »

Experimented a bit with the map select today.

I have a custom map with these 3 maps:
-Blaze with 9500RPM rev limit
-Moto with 10000RPM rev limit
-MotoSpeed with 10500RPM rev limit

All TS130.

I seems to me like the rev limit stays at 9500 for all the maps. Is this possible?

After the first ride I hooked up the laptop (lots of people at the track go like "wtf is he doing") and switched to a regular MotoSpeed map with revlimit at 10500RPM, and then it reved way higher.

Anyways, to fix that I will put all the 3 maps at 10500RPM. Just wondering if it indeed only uses the rev limit of the first map.

Second thing, I set the rider trim so that I can change the TS setting. Had the step set to 0.2 and the MAX set to 3. But when I push up or down only once all lights start to flash...
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

My map select changes the rev limiter right with map selected. Something isn't right.

Scooter

#8 Post by Scooter »

I think 3 is too high and it is going to the default of 1.50 which would be one push. I would change the max to 1.99 and then change the push to be worth .05. Try that and let me know what happens.

Scooter

SlOoT

#9 Post by SlOoT »

Thanks, I will try that.

SlOoT

#10 Post by SlOoT »

Messed around with it alot and I think it's not working correctly. I use maptweak to make the maps and adjust the ridertrim options.

I will now use ProCal, see what happens.