Needing more bottom end

Mapping discussions
alexw1991

#1 Post by alexw1991 »

I'm curently running a map that boomer (topfuel) sent me that is working great, but I would like some more bottom end. It dosen't like to pull hard out of a corner. It has plenty of mid and top end, I can't hardly keep the front wheels on the ground. tongue.gif

How would I go about getting more bottom end?

Thanks

kdeal

#2 Post by kdeal »

More bottomend? The girls around here just eat more rice and beans for a bigger bottom! ohmy.gif

What size motor are you running and what is your gearing?

speedracer

#3 Post by speedracer »

Thats funny kdeal,Cuban girls?

alexw1991

#4 Post by alexw1991 »

QUOTE (kdeal @ May 12 2009, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
More bottomend? The girls around here just eat more rice and beans for a bigger bottom! ohmy.gif

What size motor are you running and what is your gearing?

Stock motor with boomer intake and tank. Running stock gearing.

rayspeed

#5 Post by rayspeed »

Cram a craptor motor in it!!!
But seriously the cam timing can be changed, but not easily and the fuel and the spark timing also be tweaked but to be honest torque is a product of cc's more than anything and there is only so much you can do before you start loosing all that nice top end. The bigger cc 505's and such get those 60 plus numbers because they are making the big torque and can spool to 10k.
Map changes may make the hit smaller and more linear like you are looking for and you may think you are gaining torque but the actual numbers may be the same.
Hope that helps... but there may be better answers.

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

You are going to have to just use the clutch like a 2 stroke.I know its not that bad but think about it.All the other makes use 95mm piston for 450cc.We need a stroker crank to get same cc's with 95mm.So actually they all have stroker cranks and better lowend than we have.

SlOoT

#7 Post by SlOoT »

What exhaust are you running? Stock?

If so, I realy recommend getting a nice pipe, realy makes a huge difference, also in the bottom-end.

Or convert to a KTM LC4 engine, goes berserk from idle till rev-limit.

ACEwrench

#8 Post by ACEwrench »

the quickest solution is going with a bigger rear sprocket if its a 42, go to a 44...or if your running a 14t counter shaft, switch it back to a 13t...you probably wont even notice the top speed difference because 5th gear is so tall...

hope this helps...