D&M on a Mac?

Mapping discussions
svahle

#1 Post by svahle »

I'm not too computer savy so this may been a pretty silly question. But, will our D&M software run on a Macbook Pro? My old laptop died and I bought a Macbook Pro which I really like. I hate to buy another PC laptop (even a cheap one) just to use the D&M. Thanks.

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

You may just call optimum and ask.

moto440

#3 Post by moto440 »

if you can run windows on the mac it should work but i dont recall macs having the rs232 port for the dm kit to hookup to

Scooter

#4 Post by Scooter »

You do not need an rs232 port, you can use a usb to serial adaptor or the best way is to get a pcimca to serial adaptor. If you can get windows to run then the D&M should work.

Scooter

MyCannibal

#5 Post by MyCannibal »

yer not gonna get windows to run on a mac...I stand corrected maybe...I was thinking you were talking an apple...or is mac made by apple?

Scooter

#6 Post by Scooter »

There are some windows emulators I have been told that work on Macs but I have never tested that.

Scooter

jesshamner

#7 Post by jesshamner »

QUOTE (MyCannibal @ Aug 4 2009, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yer not gonna get windows to run on a mac...I stand corrected maybe...I was thinking you were talking an apple...or is mac made by apple?

There are apps for macs that will allow a virtual windows boot. Then you can run almost any windows application.