Windows 7 anyone???

Mapping discussions
m_mcgranahan

#1 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi,

I am just curious if any one has used windows 7 with their D&M kit yet?

Thanks

God bless...

Mark

Dachshund

#2 Post by Dachshund »

Well, I've got the 7 upgrade but haven't installed it yet. There, that answers your question............NOT.

kdeal

#3 Post by kdeal »

Guys, I personally would not be updating the OS on my laptop that is used on Cannondales. Optimum does not support the software updates to the OS and probably does not have anyone studying the outcome. I'll bet it will work, but you will never know what the errors are from when the pop up. If you are seriously into Cannondales you should have a laptop dedicated to the bike. I found a top of the line Dell latop that has a 1.2Ghz CPU. I updated the memory, hard drive and installed a new battery. I purposely installed Windows 2000 in it and have never used that laptop on the internet since. I never have any problems (except for the bugs in the D&M itself). I consider it a bullet proof set-up. It weighs a ton though! ohmy.gif

I think a good 700Mhz to 1Ghz laptop will last you a long time. You can find them on Ebay, just make sure that it has a serial port.
wink.gif

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

I did same thing.Always works no suprises.Highly recommend if doing alot of tuning.Now if your like me with my trail/harescramble quad I did not hook up even the D&M all year so in that case would be better off just taking it to someone local for a yearly tune or get local guys to chip in for one shared laptop.